• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not saying we are the best yet but i am saying we are one of the best and we dont see alot of representation, so what if we have only within the past few years started to become a power, that doesnt mean people should count us out. since my freshman year we have never not made a finals show at boa and there are still people who count us out and say we cant be as good as churchill, reagan, sfa, the woodlands, marcus, or bell (there are many others too). it is possible, i love those bands and in my opinion we are among them but apparently we arent very popular with the mases. give us a chance, we'll wow you

well seeing as the name of the thread is 'best bandS in the state', they aren't really out of line to add bowie, cus they are/should be on that list(didn't they finish second in some super regional thing some time, lol). who cares if they add it themselves, everyone esle thinks it... though i see that pretty much IS self hype. just one of those things.

bowie's geRRate! good luck with the rest of the season.

im not saying we are the best yet but i am saying we are one of the best and we dont see alot of representation, so what if we have only within the past few years started to become a power, that doesnt mean people should count us out. since my freshman year we have never not made a finals show at boa and there are still people who count us out and say we cant be as good as churchill, reagan, sfa, the woodlands, marcus, or bell (there are many others too). it is possible, i love those bands and in my opinion we are among them but apparently we arent very popular with the mases. give us a chance, we'll wow you

we did make finals SA and Rice 2003 btw if you did kno because you were a stupid 8th grader :P

Lets maybe specify this thread a bit more...so like...

The best bands Musically:

The best bands Visually:

The only reason i say this...is that there are bands out there that maybe year in and year out always sound amazing but dont always have the greatest visual package to go with it, and the other way around.

hahaha, oh Owasso '04. Their dance break was so cool.

I basically agree with the general feel around with the lists that have gone up...I'm sure most of us can somewhat agree which band programs in Texas are. I cannot WAIT to see State this year, though. Ahhhh. It's going to be amazing.

Yes Big props to spring, and yes the first post waz a joke catch a sense of humor why dont ya.

Back to the person that said spring, richland, and westfield weren't big contenders in this state. You need to go read up on some history, and try to enlighten urself before u make that strong of an opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

ROFL...that guy that posted against westfield and spring got YELLED AT SOO BAD!! lol...that was hilarious...sorry. Yeah, umm, i liked:

LD Bell

Marcus

Westfield(PROPS)

Spring(I actually enjoyed our show, im not just saying our name)

Reagan( OF COURSE)

Honestly, i saw bowies performance and (mabey 'cause i was just concetrating on the drumline or something) i didnt really enjoy their performance...sorry...

Woodlands-

many many many more BUT i have to go to school

-C.ato^

ROFL...that guy that posted against westfield and spring got YELLED AT SOO BAD!! lol...that was hilarious...sorry. Yeah, umm, i liked:

LD Bell

Marcus

Westfield(PROPS)

Spring(I actually enjoyed our show, im not just saying our name)

Reagan( OF COURSE)

Honestly, i saw bowies performance and (mabey 'cause i was just concetrating on the drumline or something) i didnt really enjoy their performance...sorry...

Woodlands-

many many many more BUT i have to go to school

-C.ato^

I saw Bowie's show this year and i absolutely thought it was amazing... Even though they didn't place as high as some other bands their show was something else... definantly one of the best bands in texas

Adding on.. Winston Churchill

Marcus

Hahha really??

Westfield 2003 Grand Nationals Champion. That's pretty big to me.

Spring 1993 Grand Nationals Champion. That's pretty big to me.

Richland Grand Nationals Finalists, 7th? place, I think. That's pretty big to me.

Marcus 3rd place at BOA SA and high music caption over Reagan, who won the music caption at Grand Nats last year. That's pretty big to me.

Truthfully, my honest opinion is that if you don't consider those bands to be "big bands" in Texas, you're an idiot.

heheh

owned