3. Haltom 5 2 4 11 3 (25)

4. Richland 4 4 6 3 8 (25)

5. Hebron 9 5 3 5 4 (26)

6. Plano East 2 7 13 8 5 (35)

7. Summit

8. Creekview

9. Allen

10. Newman Smith

I don't know the rest yet and I don't have detail for Finals.

I didn't get to see many bands from up top, because I was following Hebron around like a band groupie, but I heard many bands' warmups. Every single band warming up sounding AMAZING. Truly a sign of how difficult this area is. Every band plays so well. I would've hated being a music judge tonight with so many excellent playing bands.

Also, congrats to all the bands that advanced. Marcus looked and sounded great, as always. Haltom, too, had very deep sounds and incredible individual marching. I caught their shows from backfield, but still got a good vibe from them. Boy, I am exhausted but, whew! what a night!

Well... Creekview made Finals. And I am quite happy about that. Kinda sad that we didn't make state, but oh well. I had hella fun out there on that field, and I think that most of the bands out there deserved to go to state, and most didn't. This was just the hardest freaking competition in HISTORY! And to even make Finals was just an AMAZING feeling. I am still excited about it.

I don't mean to be bitter, and I don't normally like complaining, but I think we (Summit) were better than Richland and Haltom. Just because they have the name and have been in this area forever doesn't mean they're better than us. This was our first year at Area B.

I don't get it.

It doesn't make sense that 3 judges think that we were 4th, and then the other two think we are 9th and 10th. The music judges gave us 4, 10, and 4. The Marching judges gave us 4 and 9.

BUT

It is what it is, we don't have any control over any of that, but it was fun. I just don't like losing, and nobody should.

Is our best performance ever really just a 6th place performance? The answer is no.

So yeah, it sucks, but we must accept it, and move on.