Area D contest

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 5 judges in all.

Columns C, D, and E are three separate music judges. The higher the score, the better.

Columns F and G are two separate marching judges. Again, the higher the score, the better.

Columns H through L are the rankings. These are determined by the scores each judge gives. The lower the number, the better. For example, a 2 (second place) is better than an 8 (eighth place).

Column M is just adding all the rankings together. The lower the number, the better. For example, in prelims Cedar Park's rankings from the judges were 1st in music, 2nd in music, 6th in music, 1st in marching, and 3rd in marching. Add these up and you get 13, which is Column M.

I hope that clarifies a bit!

yea our direc. had a long talk with us about not trying in prelims and watch our show go to waste blah blah blah...but we turned it on at finals and just kick so much ****. yea i do fell preaty sorry for westwood and georgetown (which is my name btw :P)

And in my opinion the only reason Round Rock wins drum captions is because half there show is them standing still and raming notes and trying to play rolls

:angry:

they dont deserve another drum cap. until they start to move

yea our direc. had a long talk with us about not trying in prelims and watch our show go to waste blah blah blah...but we turned it on at finals and just kick so much ****. yea i do fell preaty sorry for westwood and georgetown (which is my name btw :P)

And in my opinion the only reason Round Rock wins drum captions is because half there show is them standing still and raming notes and trying to play rolls

yea our direc. had a long talk with us about not trying in prelims and watch our show go to waste blah blah blah...but we turned it on at finals and just kick so much ****.

Are you serious??? Your directors TOLD YOU to NOT TRY in prelims? I'm not sure what offends me more, the arrogance of it, or the idiocy of it.

They sounded pretty clean to me. Who says that the drum caption is based on movement? Last time I checked, the reason why I drooled over the Phantom Regiment battery is because the technique was INSANELY good. My old director used to say that your whole show could be the Bb Concert Scale in variations and you could be in block formation moving up and down the field for 7+ mins and still get a I rating. It's about quality of sound.

I disagree......and so would the entire Duncanville band. LOL!

woah... calm down buddy.

-Have you seen their show?

Because if you have, then you would know that they play all kinds of notes through out the entire show. You would also know, having seen their show, that they move... that's kind of the point of marching band. Marching [implied moving] and playing at the same time.

-I'm pretty sure there is no percussion caption in UIL.

-Yes, they stand still in one of their extended drum breaks. maaaaybe two of them. Watch a drum corps. Many many of the best stand still during their batterie rams.

-They weren't "trying" to play rolls. They were... clean.

One thing that stood out to me is that they're playing the entire show. They have a lot of notes through and through. They're solid. The only thing going against them is that they have four snares, but I'm sure if you added a fifth they'd be just as clean.

They deserved it.

The only thing going against them is that they have four snares, but I'm sure if you added a fifth they'd be just as clean.

Like having four snares automatcally goes against you?? Add some scoops and you'll be alright. btw, they added a fifth, he had a hurt leg but it's healed. And yes, it's just as clean.

[quote name='G'townPIT' date='Nov 2 2006, 08:11 PM']
Like having four snares automatcally goes against you?? Add some scoops and you'll be alright. btw, they added a fifth, he had a hurt leg but it's healed. And yes, it's just as clean. [/quote]
no no. it doesn't! sorry, I should have made myself a little more clear.

I'm just saying that the more snares you have the more impressive it is.

but clean is clean no matter where you go.

I'm a big fan of yalls drumline btw. ^_^

I ordered mine at www.BarkerProductions.com. Just follow the links.

Ah, the same people who did the 2004 Area Finals DVD I have... I guess I should've checked that first before even asking :P

Has anyone ever ordered videos from them before? What's the quality like?

Thirty bucks for finals isn't a bad deal.

As mentioned above, I bought the 2004 Area D Finals DVD from them. It's a really crude, simplistic DVD (not even a real menu screen), but the quality is good. I still find myself watching some of the shows on it from time to time (including our own), so I'd say it's worth the money.

i still love how gf\eorgetown ended up in top5 and then goes down to 8th just gotta love those UIL scroring systems.  But i think that georegtown didn't know what to do when the big boys came back for more in finals when we all took a deep breath and just destroyed the top 5 back to where it was supossed to be :angry:

thats alil messed up

i mean come on it does kinda suck when you were 4th in prelims able too advance then making 8th in finals. and you seem to be rubbing it in.

ok this would probably never happen but.. what if yall didnt try for prelims and scored 11th place.. yall wouldnt feel to good if people were rubbing it in your face

^ did that happen last night??

yea our direc. had a long talk with us about not trying in prelims and watch our show go to waste blah blah blah...but we turned it on at finals and just kick so much ****.

Are you serious??? Your directors TOLD YOU to NOT TRY in prelims? I'm not sure what offends me more, the arrogance of it, or the idiocy of it.

They sounded pretty clean to me. Who says that the drum caption is based on movement? Last time I checked, the reason why I drooled over the Phantom Regiment battery is because the technique was INSANELY good. My old director used to say that your whole show could be the Bb Concert Scale in variations and you could be in block formation moving up and down the field for 7+ mins and still get a I rating. It's about quality of sound.

I disagree......and so would the entire Duncanville band. LOL!

i think what he meant was that his diectors told him that the seemed liek the weren't trying cuz they thought they had a free ride to finals... at least that's what i'm getting from it... i'm sure no directors from a successful school would just say hey... just go perform, even if we think it sucks you'll still make finals... heck, i would get offended by that...