DCI Tryouts

LordGiggles

• 2 weeks later...

I marched Crossmen 2004 on mellophone, and I tried out and and got a spot at Santa Clara Vanguard this year, but unfortunatly I was cut 6 months later in May.

A hole opened up for a Crossmen mellophone this year, but I turned it down because I had already gotten settled with a job, and plus I'm really pushing to make all-state on french horn next year, and playing a different instrument all summer would only hurt that.

Don't learn horn. If you were thinking of marching mellophone, then learn trumpet. Back in the day some corps used marching french horns, but not anymore.

Yeah, If i ever tried to learn a brass instrument for Corps, it would be Trumpet. I am really fond of the Horn/Mellphone and Euphonium sounds though.

I was mainly thinking of the instruments in general though, not necassarily for marching.

Yeah, If i ever tried to learn a brass instrument for Corps, it would be Trumpet. I am really fond of the Horn/Mellphone and Euphonium sounds though.

I was mainly thinking of the instruments in general though, not necassarily for marching.

Oh, well in that case, DO learn horn. :lol:

You can learn guard... It's not as hard as it seem! Promise!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Sup!!!

I'm a proud member of the Madison Scout's Mello Line.

It's friggin awesome being in a corp. In '03 I was on Revolution and we ended up the Div III Champs, which was pretty fun. Then last year I joined Revolution again but they went Inactive, so I joined Tealsound. This year I figured I would try for a Div I. First I tried for the Cavies with a recomendation from my director, a former Cavie. I was doin good and made their line, but I couldn't make it to one of the rehersals cause my granddad died, so they said I was too far behind to catch up. From what I learned I figured they would dominate. Then my director told me madison needed a mello so off I went, and here I am. I almost got a solo too. BUMMER!!! Life on a corp is good. The only downer is that both the Cavies and Scouts have no chicks. Well Madison has one but shes off limits. The food is alright, the bus rides are long, and the days are hot. Marching all day get kind of tiring after awhile.

Well that sums up my Drum Corp Experience.

PEACE OUT!!!

The only downer is that both the Cavies and Scouts have no chicks. Well Madison has one but shes off limits. The food is alright, the bus rides are long, and the days are hot. Marching all day get kind of tiring after awhile.

HAHAHA! thats funny...why didnt you try a co-ed corps, but scouts kick but for sure.. ecsp. 98!

Let's see... the try out process. Well for a Div III and Div II corps its fairly easy to make it. A Div II corp like The Academy or Spartans does have a tougher try out process. Usually you play an excert from the show they are going to do. Then they tell you vocal commands and see how your marching is. I'm not sure about other corps but for the cavies they made you memorize a few sets to see how fast you caught on. Then there's an interview. You only make it to the interview if they see potential. The Cavies and Scouts both asked about dedication, band experience, and about family and school. My old drum major from last year made the Bluecoats and he only had to send in an audition tape and show up for an interview.

P.S. I didn't sign up for a co-ed corp cause my parents wouldn't let me. Next year I'm shootin for The Cadets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...