UIL 5A Area A Marching Contest 2023 (East & West)

Dave609

I'm very surprised that there is no topic for this group, so I wanted to go ahead and create this. This Area is split into 2 zones, East Zone (Lubbock ISD, Abilene ISD, Amarillo ISD) and West Zone (El Paso ISD). This area should have 4 total bands advancing, or it could be 5 depending on if the 3 judge's rule goes into affect like what happened in 2A Area B and 6A Area A. I wish the best of luck to all these programs!

I feel we will get some confirmation soon, but UIL Area 5A West Zone seems to have only one band advancing to state.

Here is the results-

1- J.M. Hanks HS (ADVANCING TO STATE)

2- Parkland HS

3- Horizon HS

4- Del Valle HS

5- Andress HS

6- Bel Air HS

7- Chapin HS

8- El Paso HS

Congratulations to all the bands who performed today!

I feel very bad for the Area that only 3 bands for 5A Area A get to go to State because of the Split to two different locations for the Area Contest.   One more band should have been able to go to State and was not given the opportunity because of this decision.  I hope whoever made this decision for the Area never does it again or at least makes it a even split so with 10 at each 2 bands at each competition can go to state.