• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he's started to grow on me...my band played Turn Not Thy Face, and it was tough, but sounded impressive (on our better days!) At the beginning though, everyone hated it, including me.

This is standard when I reply to you.....Vicki!

Persechetti is fun stuff on the field! I hope you all have fun doing it.

By the way, the people you have helping you guys out this next year is going to make your experience in the Fall that much more amazing!

I guess I'll have to answer with the same.....Daniel!

I think that there will be a lot of complaints next year, but that Churchill can do very well with it. I wish I was marching next year! I'm going to a private school for math/science, and the denial about losing marching band is hitting hard.

But, on the brighter side, I will be able to watch every band that makes finals at BOA SA from the stands this year!

Back to the original topic... :lol:

Our band has found out, but I think its a secret or something. I'll wait for someone more experienced with this type of thing to post. Its going to be AMAZING though.

If it was a secret, I dont think they would have put it on the website:

CPHS Band has joined the Austin's year long festival honoring the 100th Anniversary of the birth of composer Dmitri Shostakovich. The band will be performing movements of his Symphony No. 10 and Fire of Eternal Glory next year in our 2006 Field Production. Look for continued coverage of the development, preparation, and performance of the the show throughout the summer and fall.

If I remember correctly it will be called Fire of Eternal Glory. :D

Wow I just realized i'll be able to vote in the next presidential election.

Yep, that thought just hit me the other day too!

Nope, I hate politics...with the losers that are running nowadays, there's no need to get involved with that crowd!

And now I'll let it get back ^_^

Ahck, not more Key Poulan. Jeez...

Speaking of over performed things, how about something that doesn't generally fall below expectation? Granted, it has been played countless times, but we are playing Ride for our last concert of the year (along with other pieces of course), and I must say that it actually is a very well written piece and I rather enjoy playing it. BUt as to our show for next year.... I'm not sure as of yet. In fact, I don't know that anyone is quite sure yet. Ah well.