Banquets!!

chickora

Soo...Our Banquet is on the 4th.

It's going to be soo fun!

When's y'alls? If soon, I think we should all take pictures of them and post them on this furom. I am slightly curious on how each banquet is different. >.>

What do you all do there and stuff? Get what I am saying??? :rolleyes:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I feel silly now. I completely forgot to say what we do at our thing. Well, pretty much the week before we do our whole drum major and rank leader tryouts thing, then at at the banquet the announce who won. We then eat food, duh! Then we watch a movie that the Historians made. Last year's video was awesome. It was really good. People usually where their prom dresses to it too. They bring all their family and good stuff. Then the awards are giving out..Pretty much the same as y'alls.

I love it last year. I can't wait to go again this year. This time I will have a date with a percussionist.. OOH RIIGHT!! Clarinets and them percussionist. What can I say? :-P

Ours starts with a plated dinner, then we do a mixture of personal recognitions (Region, Solo and Ensemble), stories, jokes, senior colleges, etc. for a while. Following that are the band awards for individuals and sections. Next we have a slide show for our seniors, and maybe a homemade movie.

Then the most suspensful event, the announcing of next year's leadership placements. Tryouts are about a month before, so the wait gets to be sort of tense.

Everything wraps up with a dance.

Wow...we just eat a buffet (this year, anyway) and dance...I think the band boosters are planning a slide show. I have no date and since I will be coming home from StuCo State Convention in Arlington the same day, I'm not even 100% sure I'm going. I'd like to though because I like band banquets. it totally beats sitting around the house all night :rolleyes:

Hmm I beg to differ. You wouldn't say that if you were taken ;)

HAHA, I totally agree with Dynasty..

Because.. You really can't just make out with anyone. lol

Well, I am sure you can, but I won't do that because they might have some desease or something..

That's just gross!!

Are you kidding me? Going single has WAAAY more advantages. You get to dance with ANYONE, not just one person. You can do pretty much anything you want, and not have to worry about what anyone else thinks.

Having a girlfriend is overrated ;)

Haha sooo true.

We dont even have a band banquet :( They sound fun though.