The Podcast is produced by Dan... What can you expect to happen in the off season? He is a college student, and does it for free. You can't demand a whole lot.

Andrew is a hard working kid, and he writes well. Just be glad he does it at all.

The newsletter is because I don't have the time with school and band, and I don't know how to make one. There's no point in producing it if no one is going to subscribe to it in the off season.

Predictions.... I didn't even know we were having predictions.

A few things about the Podcast:

When I did the February 17th Episode, I did catch just a little bit of flack one or two people at BOA for planning to announce who was on the Regional and Grand Nationals lists at TMEA. I felt a little guilty about it for two reasons:

1) I've worked very closely with BOA in the past and know their staff in Indianapolis well.

2) Those few people warned me not to say anything about the lists as I was frantically writing them down at TMEA (Like the information wasn't going to leak out anyhow).

Nevertheless, I thought it would be in the best interest of the show and the site to let things cool down a little before doing another one.

It's definitely hard to come up with new material during the off season, when not too much is going on. I've been waiting for important stuff to happen in the world of marching arts (DCI Countdown Announcement, DCI Show Announcement, WGI stuff). With the Grand Nationals DVD on its way, I think I'll have enough to do a show in the very near future.

I want to make this perfectly clear:

The reason for the delay is not due to a lax attitude on my part because I am busy with school or because I don't get paid to do this. It's the simple fact that I want as much meat in the show as possible and I just felt like that it would only be a matter of time before things start to pick up again, which would yield more shows, produced more often, with more cursing and insane commentary.

As Ike Turner would say, "Oh come on Tina baby, I'm sorry!!!!"

The hype and the funk will return soon =)

I just want to say that I am sorry about last week in not having a COTW to post. Right now I am very busy, besides teaching all day long I just last week started a consulting job where I work 3-4 hours every night. Last week was the first week of this new job and I did not budget my time very well to where I could have time to post a new Composer and piece of the week.

I do want to say that this week I have alloted time to to write those two articles and they will be up on Wed. and Fri. respectivly.

I also want to give props to my fellow colleagues for volunteering their time and effort to the Texas music community.

And also....

To Travis & Alex for creating this great website in the first place.

Expect a bigger and better TXBands.com in the future!!

Dan and Andrew,

I just want you guys to know that I am in awe at what you do for our site... and for free! Keep up the excellent work!

Don't be buttering me up, boy. You best be buttering up yo' bacon.

I wish I knew what I just said :mellow: