The Santa Clara Vanguard

Moose

I really hope this show is a huge improvemnt over last years, either way i will still proabably love it!

Just becuase they had a fluke year (and it was) does not mean that the years before that were bad. Let us look at the results before 2005:

2004- 3rd

2003- 5th

2002- 4th

2001- 4th

2000- 4th

1999- 1st

1998- 2nd

1997- 3rd

1996- 5th

That is 9 straight years in the top 5. Only the Blue Devils and the Cadets have matched that during this time frame.

I liked SCV's music from 2005... why'd they score so low?

11th in GE Total

8th in Visual Total

9th in Music Total

8th Overall

...and just because you like the music does not change the judge's score. I like the music too but we are viewers, not judges. Judges are trained to score the corps according to standards set by the Drum Corps International, Inc.

QUOTE (Aegis Fang @ Mar 22 2006, 07:06 PM)
I liked SCV's music from 2005... why'd they score so low?

Their visual design killed them. I don't know what was up with Myron Rosander last summer. The design was very uncharateristic of him.

Check out some old Vanguard shows from 1987, 1988, 1989, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 & 2004. Those are some of the best show designs that SCV & Myron had to offer.

QUOTE (euro_euph06 @ Mar 22 2006, 05:51 PM)
Just becuase they had a fluke year (and it was) does not mean that the years before that were bad. Let us look at the results before 2005:

2004- 3rd
2003- 5th
2002- 4th
2001- 4th
2000- 4th
1999- 1st
1998- 2nd
1997- 3rd
1996- 5th

That is 9 straight years in the top 5. Only the Blue Devils and the Cadets have matched that during this time frame.

I didnt say the years before were bad, just that they didnt do so hot last year.

Also dont forget they are the only corps no never miss finals. i think...

I agree that the visual design hurt them the most. I know a few people that marched with them in 2005....They didn't have very many nice things to say about how the show was designed.

Hopefully, this will be a better year for them but it will prove to be difficult because all of the other top corps are REALLY stepping it up this year.

QUOTE (Aegis Fang @ Mar 25 2006, 11:43 PM)
We can get some more people and have a giant TXBands DCI party in my minivan cool.gif

haha sweet. i did that last year, minus the part abuot TXBands.

hmmm im volunteering at the Cavies hosted competition in denton the day after SA, so getting a ride back is gonna be the real problem.

• 1 month later...