Cadets

Moose

A little more information on Cadets 06 for those interested, and for those uninterested I suppose.

From the YEA! website...

2006 Cadets

As the Cadets move towards the production of the 2006 program, "The Zone - Part Deux', there is a clear need for an outside agency, or individual, to assist in the process of developing the visual elements of the program. There are a number of props required and to date, the design team has developed rough sketches for all, but, there is help needed at two levels.

We need someone to take the role of design and engineer so that there is an inexpensive, and efficient way, to construct, and to carry, the materials required for the program.

We need a team of people who might be able to come to camps, spring training and at other times to build all that needs to be built.

We reach out to our volunteers and friends knowing that there are those who have the contacts or the skills to make a real contribution in this regard.

What has to be built

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved 05, and 1 prop was almost too much for me. but 35?!?!?

who knows, maybe ill like the props for once?

Well coming from a band like SFA who does amazing shows without the use of props, I'm sure it's influenced your tastes. I do like props that are put to good use (i.e. PCEP 99 & 2001) where they are part of awesome effects. With the right type of show, props can add alot in my opinion. But ones that just sit there the entire show as decoration bug me alot.

I think the reason most people dislike props is that they are not use to seeing them placed on the field. Amd some bands/corps do not use them correctly or use do use then to their full potential. Props have been around for a long time. Would SCV '89 be the same without the mask?

I think people should judge the props of a certain band/corps when they see it (in person) instead of instantly hating the show before they even had a chance to see it.

But yes....I can't wait until DCI San Antonio!!! GO BLUEEEEEEE (Devils and Coats)!!!!!!!!

just my 2 cents...

if the Cadets are going for a more "original" look, why are they just re-hashing the show they did last year? They're even using the door again.

I mean, I'm really not a Cadet fan... never have been. But I think this show really isn't going to be comparable to last year. I didn't even like the show LAST YEAR, but it was clean and eserved to win (not a 99.15, but a win.)

This year, I dont see that happening... at all.

-C

To lull skeptics into a false sense of security? hehe I really don't know but give it a chance, they're not going to be a bunch of pushovers after winning Worlds, I have faith that they are going to pull off something amazing

well, this is not a shot on the Blue Devils organization, but they went from 2003 (when they won) to 2004 (which is the only year in DCI history I think there should have been a tie for first) to a awful show in 05, where they were complete pushovers... in fact, they were lucky to hold onto 4th.

also, Phantom went from 96 winning, to 97 in 4th, to 98 and 99 in 8th.

Cavies 95 first, by 97 were 7th.

the way I view it, two of the same shows in a row will NOT benifit the Cadets, ecspecially when the shows are so weird.

innovative is one thing... foolishness is another.

and by the looks of it this show is going to be even MORE weird. I couldn't even keep up with last year! I couldn't tell if last year was supposed to be about traveling, or about God, honestly. I still dont comprehend the show, and I never will. The fact that they can even THINK about putting something even more weird just frightens me. I dont want to have to think during a drum corps show... I just want it to be a simple 2+2 scenario, so that I can enjoy the show rather than having to solve some complicated formula.

and btw, I have a name. it's Conner.

~>conner

QUOTE (euro_euph06 @ Mar 27 2006, 06:48 AM)

why would you bring back old stuff, when you are trying to be new and innovative? Just a thought.

Well, its not all that old, and it scored a 99.15 so maybe thats why there trying it again. just a thought

Personally I loved last years show, probably my favorite ballad ever. I guess some people just aren't as open to some things as others. Oh I did hate the door though.

well, this is not a shot on the Blue Devils organization, but they went from 2003 (when they won) to 2004 (which is the only year in DCI history I think there should have been a tie for first) to a awful show in 05, where they were complete pushovers... in fact, they were lucky to hold onto 4th.

also, Phantom went from 96 winning, to 97 in 4th, to 98 and 99 in 8th.

Cavies 95 first, by 97 were 7th.

the way I view it, two of the same shows in a row will NOT benifit the Cadets, ecspecially when the shows are so weird.

innovative is one thing... foolishness is another.

and by the looks of it this show is going to be even MORE weird. I couldn't even keep up with last year! I couldn't tell if last year was supposed to be about traveling, or about God, honestly. I still dont comprehend the show, and I never will. The fact that they can even THINK about putting something even more weird just frightens me. I dont want to have to think during a drum corps show... I just want it to be a simple 2+2 scenario, so that I can enjoy the show rather than having to solve some complicated formula.

and btw, I have a name. it's Conner.

~>conner

It was not a bad show...lets remember they went over to Europe and spanked everyone over there. Plus they had at least two days of pure travel to and from Europe.

Plus...they were pretty darn innovative with the announcer idea. Let's put this discussion on hold until July 22, 2006 when they all come together for a night of fun. Who knows...maybe someone will get a 99.155!!! Maybe Blue Devils??? Bluecoats???

It was not a bad show...lets remember they went over to Europe and spanked everyone over there. Plus they had at least two days of pure travel to and from Europe.

Plus...they were pretty darn innovative with the announcer idea. Let's put this discussion on hold until July 22, 2006 when they all come together for a night of fun. Who knows...maybe someone will get a 99.155!!! Maybe Blue Devils??? Bluecoats???

in all fairness, have you seen a europe corps show? it's certainly not bad, but I'm guessing any corps from over here (including ALOT of div 2-3's) could go over there and do what BD did... just not to the same magnitude.

Beatrix came over to America for a division 2 tour, and got last place (not to take away from what they accomplish) and Beatrix is the best euro. corps out there.

and yes, the announcer thing was clever, but it was the most annoying part of 05, bar none. I LOVE the Blue Devils, but that was dumb. a FULL countdown from 21 (plus a few Yowza's! thrown in there) was not a very good turn in drum corps.

~>conner