Favorite SCV show

bluebellbrass07

88 SCV was the best corps there.

89, Regiment was the best corps there.

-C

I was at Finals in 89.

Regiment certainly was the loudest corps there.

After retreat (after getting the highest score in DCI history and still losing the championship), they played to the back right corner of the stadium. And, I've never heard any corps play with more volume and intensity of emotion (without getting crass).

I went to finals in order to see SCV, and I didn't know who Phantom Regiment was before that night. But I spent all of 1990 and 1991 listening to Regiment's show on CD.

Well----obviously not since the judges put Madison ahead of Vanguard in '88. In '89, Vanguard beat Regiment. Besides, Vanguard took the night in '89 over Phantom. Vanguard perform that show with passion. They deserved it in '89.

me and you are obviously going to differ in opinion... you've made it quite clear you dont agree with my opinions in every thread I've posted in. So I'd really appreciate if you would quit attempting to make me look stupid by posting obvious facts such as: the judges put Madison ahead in 88, and SCV ahead in 89. I KNOW THAT. It is MY opinion that the judges got neither year right. In my opinion,, SCV should have won in 88, and Phantom in 89. End of story.

And if you tell me you've agreed with every move the judges have ever made, I'd call you a liar, and laugh.

-C

me and you are obviously going to differ in opinion... you've made it quite clear you dont agree with my opinions in every thread I've posted in. So I'd really appreciate if you would quit attempting to make me look stupid by posting obvious facts such as: the judges put Madison ahead in 88, and SCV ahead in 89. I KNOW THAT. It is MY opinion that the judges got neither year right. In my opinion,, SCV should have won in 88, and Phantom in 89. End of story.

And if you tell me you've agreed with every move the judges have ever made, I'd call you a liar, and laugh.

-C

I am not trying to make you look stupid by posting obvious facts. I am just reminding you of the facts. I know you can have your own opinions. But, I am pretty sure that the judges (they are qualified and have a degree in music) thought that SCV had a better show than Phantom in '89.

Also, I don't always agree with all the judges in their placements or scores (*cough* Cadets 99.15) but OBVIOUSLY they see something in it I do not. But the diffence between them, you, and me: They are TRAINED TO JUDGE.

that's true, but there are many people that are just as qualified, if not more qualified than the judges at DCI.

I honestly, do not know how Madison won in 88. To me, along with ALOT of other people, that SCV was the superior corps. 89 was a bit tougher to call, IMO, but I still think (as well as alot of other people) think that SCV was NOT the superior corps in 89.

::shrugs::

-C

Favorite; 1992, without a shadow of a doubt. My first live experience with Vanguard, a tribute to where they've been, and the most emotional show ever (IMHO), and of course not knowing that it would be Royer's last, and it is the show he wanted to end on

Shows I can't stop watching: 1999, 1989, 2004, 1988, 1987, 1986, 1985, 1998, 1997, 1991, 1990, 2000

Unfortunately, I had to delete some posts on here. A difference of opinion between two members really got out of hand. It was the most that I have ever had to delete on the TXBands.com Forums since the site opened last June.

I hope I don't have to do it again.

Keep it nice guys.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I had to delete some posts on here. A difference of opinion between two members really got out of hand. It was the most that I have ever had to delete on the TXBands.com Forums since the site opened last June.

I hope I don't have to do it again.

Keep it nice guys.

Thanks.

Sorry dude. It was a pretty heated arguement. I will try to keep my end in check.