Like how come some marching shows are soooo boring. but then again some bands have awesome shows. who do yall think has a boring show or awesome show?

it all come down to personal opinion...

1 movement of a show can be "boring" to one person, and exciting to another

(my basic thought: i hate most slow movements, no matter the band...its rare that i like a slow movement)

Well, depends on what your definition of boring is...

Is boring when the band puts a lot of GE into their show, or is it when they play awesome music at insane levels?

Or is it when they are uber-clean on the field and the visuals really come across?

I think the only thing that makes a marching show boring or interesting is the initial design by the directors and arrangers/drill writers, and then the hard work of the kids to make magic happen.

I think it's more of a subconcious thing. If the kids want to perform well and make the crowd happy, then they'll most likely have a show that's more fun and exciting than that of a band that just wants to get it over with.

But you have to have good music and drill too. I don't care how good the band is, if you put Reagan or Carmel on a field and have them play "mary had a little lamb", the show will most likely suck, just because everyone's heard the music a milion times and it's just original music. But if a 40 person band plays beautiful music and has a strong show, then it's got potential.

Sorry, it's late and I'm tired, and I have a synopsis due tomorrow =)

2 things.

1. Money - its a known fact that most good shows nowadays are being written by known composers, and some bands just cant afford such drill/music.

2. Apathy - If the band director/staff doesnt have the willpower to write good music/drill themselves, or for that matter, raise a well-taught band.

• 5 months later...