Favorite Drum Corps

LordGiggles

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'89 was an awesome year..

I have to say though that Cavies and SCV are my favorite because theres shows never let me down. They may rarely have a some what not top notch performance once in a blue moon, but there shows in general are always phenomenal.

Ow! There's one gut shot to the Scouts!

For all you Scout lovers, listen to the 1997 show (watch it if you can!) I'm not one to like them, but that show is COOL!

It is by far my favorite Madison Scouts show. I mean, dude, PIRATES. And how about that swordfighting on the drum rack... heck yeah.

I think that SCV is doing so bad cause of Key Poulan. He isn't the easiest man to work with. He designed the 05-06 show for my High School and he is a pain in the...rear.

Key Poulan was SCV's arranger in 2003 & 2004.

2003 = 5th

2004 = 3rd

It's not him. It's the large amount of rookies, the turnover in staff during the offseason, and the mediocre visual package that is contributing to their struggle. Poulan is not the problem.

I think that SCV is doing so bad cause of Key Poulan. He isn't the easiest man to work with. He designed the 05-06 show for my High School and he is a pain in the...rear.

If memory serves correctly, I think Poulan arranged the music for Cedar Park last year... and they got second in State at UIL. :P

What?? At all the SCV camps I went to, Key Poulan was the friendliest of the entire staff.

In my opinion, Key wrote some KILLER music this year.

I was just kidding about him. He's a good friend of mine from when I was in Esperanza. He wrote Reflections for us that year. Key wrote three of McNeils last four shows. If any of you meet him though, be careful of his ego, and don't talk to him about any of the shows he has done that have gone to crap.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm one of those "I <3 CAVIES!!" people. I blame my former pit instructor/lessons teacher. He showed me this clip from the 2001 world finals, and has a close-up on the pit and all their mallets were playing at the exact same height!! When I saw that, I went instantly from :blink: to :wub: .

SCV is definately one of my favorites. I consider playing w/ them my ultimate "Impossible Dream". And as of this year, Madison Scouts is on my favorites list.

Blue Devils, Madison, Phantom, SCV (though they weren't as big this year), Cavies, and Cadets. I know there are a few that could probably be put up with them, and that many would probably swap out some of the above for some other corps, but these, to me, stand out the most, year in and out. Just my opinion, nothing more.