UIL 2A State Marching Contest 2023 (October 31st)

bxOxAxUIL

Shiner HS-

HELLO Shiner! What a way to start! Really like the concept of the show! I did hear some people stick out, but other than that, I really enjoyed the show! I really enjoyed the 3rd movement! The trumpet feature was really nice! Some good technique, and a great job in the closer! Congratulations to the reigning State Champion on the finals run!

Tenaha HS-

Great Job! I enjoyed the music and the concept of the show! I personally feel that marching is going to place them lower unfortunately (I noticed individual marching issues mainly). But Overall, I really enjoyed the show! Congratulations to Tenaha HS on a fantastic season!

I wanted to note that I really like how 2A bands are starting to move the front ensemble to the field and not having them on the front sideline!

Sundown HS-

That opener was Beautiful!! The concept of the show is unique, and each feature was fun to listen to! Their marching was really good and shows why they advance to state so many times! I also enjoyed the ballad, was played very well! I could see them place in the top 3! Congratulations to Sundown HS on their finals run!

I'll be hoping off for a bit so I can get go to work, so I will have both Rivercrest and Panhandle in the same post