UIL 6A Area F

On 12/13/2023 at 9:52 AM, Ninelets said:

Kind of irrelevant since Area I 5A is North and Eastern Houston (Galena Park ISD, PNG, College Station, New Caney ISD).  Geographically it would make more sense to go into 6A Area F, guess we'll see when they formerly announce new alignments. Also need to consider timing of new Conroe High School, new Tomball West High School and the new Waller High School as they arrive (wouldnt shock me if Waller and any newly built Waller High School go to Area I due to Bridgeland proximities) 

Waller is already in Area I so it’s more than likely the new Waller High School goes to area I 

On 12/14/2023 at 4:46 PM, Sanif said:

I’m gonna bet that tmhs is going to fall to 5a for a few years since twhs is going to take more tmhs kids than ths kids.

Tomball ISD doesn’t project that for the current High Schools (even with the West relief). However West will open 5A and stay that way until at least 2030+

439A3DDD-6015-4B20-958D-DE06D297AACA.jpeg

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Ninelets said:

FWIW....you can kind of get a feel for the direction UIL may be heading.  New Football alignments announced Feb 1st put Waller in with Bridgeland, Cy Woods, et al.  While Magnolia and Magnolia West in with Tomball, Klein, et al.

I don’t know that this has much bearing- football districts are frequently misaligned from Band regions/areas. We’ll see!

• 1 month later...

I just did a quick look at it looks like there will be 34 bands in this area now. I wouldn't be surprised if we can send 6 to state for the next two years maybe.

Cleveland HS
Caney Creek HS
College Park HS
Conroe HS
Grand Oaks HS
Oak Ridge HS
The Woodlands HS
Klein Cain HS
Klein Collins HS
Klein Forest HS
Klein HS
Klein Oak HS
Magnolia HS
Magnolia West HS
Tomball HS
Tomball Memorial HS
Willis HS
Aldine HS
Avalos P - Tech School
Carver HS
Eisenhower HS
Davis HS
MacArthur HS
Nimitz HS
North Shore HS
Atascocita HS
Humble HS
Kingwood HS
Summer Creek HS
New Caney HS
King HS
Dekaney HS
Spring HS
Westfield HS

On 3/25/2024 at 7:38 PM, homerchap said:

I just did a quick look at it looks like there will be 34 bands in this area now. I wouldn't be surprised if we can send 6 to state for the next two years maybe.

Cleveland HS
Caney Creek HS
College Park HS
Conroe HS
Grand Oaks HS
Oak Ridge HS
The Woodlands HS
Klein Cain HS
Klein Collins HS
Klein Forest HS
Klein HS
Klein Oak HS
Magnolia HS
Magnolia West HS
Tomball HS
Tomball Memorial HS
Willis HS
Aldine HS
Avalos P - Tech School
Carver HS
Eisenhower HS
Davis HS
MacArthur HS
Nimitz HS
North Shore HS
Atascocita HS
Humble HS
Kingwood HS
Summer Creek HS
New Caney HS
King HS
Dekaney HS
Spring HS
Westfield HS

It's really 32 bands in this area because Carver and Avalos Tech don't field Marching Bands as they are technology magnet schools in Aldine ISD.  Also, for years now, MacArthur, Eisenhower, and Humble have received ratings of 2 and haven't qualified for Area. 

So, that really leaves this area stuck at 29 area qualifiers. Aldine MacArthur has been close to a 1 since they have gotten 1-2-2 from the 3 region judges two years in a row.  That would be great to have 6 state qualifiers.  The odds are definitely better with the additional of the Magnolia schools.