Lone Star Preview

Robert_291

On 10/15/2023 at 12:21 AM, Tubalord11 said:

Congratulations to all our finalist, and to Bridgeland on the win! I will say I'm a bit surprised to see Clear Brook so low, maybe just a rough performance, but 2-5 was relatively close, super happy to Dickinson in the top 3! 

I've saw clear brook at BOA and both runs on Saturday and they were definitely a little off in finals. I heard a lot of phasing I'd never heard before and they weren't together like I'd heard before. I'm not sure if The Lone Star Preview posts the score sheets but I'd have to guess their music score was lower than usual because of that. It was probably just a one time thing but they'll be fine.

2 hours ago, homerchap said:

I've saw clear brook at BOA and both runs on Saturday and they were definitely a little off in finals. I heard a lot of phasing I'd never heard before and they weren't together like I'd heard before. I'm not sure if The Lone Star Preview posts the score sheets but I'd have to guess their music score was lower than usual because of that. It was probably just a one time thing but they'll be fine.

Yeah that was our worst run of it overall

2 hours ago, BigDaddySousaphone said:

Ngl, I'm surprised Tomball didn't finals I was watching the show and I noticed they cut the flute solo which was their only downside at the gulf coast classic, sure there was some minor issues but their directors were smart to cut out their largest problem.

I know the directors have them but I don't know if they'll be posted or not. Ours sent us information on where we placed in the caption in prelims and finals.

1 minute ago, homerchap said:

I know the directors have them but I don't know if they'll be posted or not. Ours sent us information on where we placed in the caption in prelims and finals.

Sorry if I gave the wrong Impression I don't go to Tomball (in fact I don't go to any school anymore lol) I was just wondering what place they got.

4 hours ago, BigDaddySousaphone said:

Ngl, I'm surprised Tomball didn't finals I was watching the show and I noticed they cut the flute solo which was their only downside at the gulf coast classic, sure there was some minor issues but their directors were smart to cut out their largest problem.

What did you feel was wrong with it? Just curious.🧐 

4 hours ago, BigDaddySousaphone said:

Sorry if I gave the wrong Impression I don't go to Tomball (in fact I don't go to any school anymore lol) I was just wondering what place they got.

I have a question why are you so interested in Tomball high school when there are so many other schools with cooler or more interesting shows?

1 hour ago, Sanif said:

I have a question why are you so interested in Tomball high school when there are so many other schools with cooler or more interesting shows?

I recently moved back to America from a multi-year overseas photography job, and I realized just how much I missed marching band, and just how well it fits with photography. I got tickets to the Gulf Coast classic and though shows like Clear Brook High School were amazing, Tomball just had the perfect uniforms for photography. Now that I've seen better shows with nicer uniforms like the Woodlands High School I realize my initial love for Tomball may have been a bit exaggerated, however, I still have them to thank for reigniting my passion for marching band.

7 hours ago, jsr82 said:

Bwood parent here, that’s exactly what the kids said too. They said it was the best run they’d ever done. 😕

They performed the heck out of their show, but I think the visual and music need a little more meat on the bones. I think some other groups have more demand written. I do think Brazoswoods show is one of the most entertaining I’ve seen this year, and seems like the new director is doing a great job. I’m an alum, so I’m always a fan of theirs. I’m excited to see how they place at Area.