UIL 5A Area F 2023

6 hours ago, texastrumpetdad said:

Burleson Centennial show is entitled Breakaway. It’s themed from Kelly Clarkson’s song of the same name. The colorguard looked fantastic with their added outfits. All of the new visuals added were fantastic and the show was the cleanest it’s been all season. Great music and marching overall! Soloist were spot on! Percussion…wow! Speechless…what DCI group did they recruit this battery from???

The glazing is wild...

2 hours ago, OldBandDude said:

Am I weird that I really liked Arlington Heights and think they have a chance to make finals? 

Omg at our game against them yesterday they were so good! I totally understand this, i love the energy they all gave and how it sounded/looked. Very nice people too!!

Congrats to all of our finalists! I'm really surprised that Cleburne made finals here considering they got 13th at Birdville and didn't make finals there. I was really rooting for Burleson and Timberview, but unfortunately didn't make it. I guess Summit packed it in these past few weeks and snuck into finals (I wasn't expecting them to), and I'm shocked that Brewer didn't make it. But other than that, congrats to everyone that made it and here's my finals predictions:

1. Burleson Centennial

2. Aledo

3. Richland

4. Colleyville Heritage

5. Azle

6. Midlothian

7. Birdville

8. Summit

9. Grapevine

10. Cleburne

Just now, BandNerd07 said:

Congrats to all of our finalists! I'm really surprised that Cleburne made finals here considering they got 13th at Birdville and didn't make finals there. I was really rooting for Burleson and Timberview, but unfortunately didn't make it. I guess Summit packed it in these past few weeks and snuck into finals (I wasn't expecting them to), and I'm shocked that Brewer didn't make it. But other than that, congrats to everyone that made it and here's my finals predictions:

1. Burleson Centennial

2. Aledo

3. Richland

4. Colleyville Heritage

5. Azle

6. Midlothian

7. Birdville

8. Summit

9. Grapevine

10. Cleburne

I think centennial deserves the win, but it’s probably going to aledo based on pre lims placement, centennial did better then 5th, same with brewer, UILs going to be getting a lot of emails

1 minute ago, Mello46372864 said:

I think centennial deserves the win, but it’s probably going to aledo based on pre lims placement, centennial did better then 5th, same with brewer, UILs going to be getting a lot of emails

When you say based on prelims placement, I'm assuming you have the full prelims scores?

22 minutes ago, Mello46372864 said:

I don’t have them, I just heard about brewer, centennial, and aledo (respectively 16th, 5th, 1st ) from my band director 

Wow, Centennial getting 5th is crazy... If I had to guess Colleyville, Richland, and Azle probably also beat them in prelims. Brewer must've had a really bad run if all they got was 16th. I can definitely understand Aledo getting 1st.