UIL 5A Area C 2023

53 minutes ago, batteryischarged said:

Yes, it would be great to have a schedule! Surprised it hasn’t already been released. 

that’s what I’ve been looking for, and eventually I’m just going to have to dig around for region results and look at the performance order to give a rough estimate.

33 minutes ago, chippedreeds said:

Personal prediction:

Forney

NM and poteet will fight for that second spot. It'll really come down to the details of that finals run imo.

It feels unrealistic but i personally hope West snags state as well. Realistically i think they'll be close but not get it. 

personally I want Pine Tree or Red Oak to take the 4th spot

23 hours ago, DallasFan said:

I havent kept up with any of the bands attending here recently but I imagine forney will win. Can’t seem to find any video of them on the youtube but their results have been pretty good. Poteet looks pretty good, possible upset? Doubtful but I’m a fan of some friendly competition!

I have a few videos! I can try to find them, but don’t gurantee.

14 hours ago, fluteyboi said:

I'm not very familiar with US Bands judging. May I ask how the adjudication for those contests works? 

If i’m wrong someone please correct me… UIL is more for rewarding the execution of the show. While BOA/US bands is more for rewarding effect

On 10/23/2023 at 1:05 PM, chippedreeds said:

Personal prediction:

Forney

NM and poteet will fight for that second spot. It'll really come down to the details of that finals run imo.

It feels unrealistic but i personally hope West snags state as well. Realistically i think they'll be close but not get it. 

I don’t like North’s show, it was really confusing from my perspective. Didn’t help band kids were being disrespectful towards their performance, but I really was confused on what the show was about.

1 minute ago, clarinetistkai05 said:

I don’t like North’s show, it was really confusing from my perspective. Didn’t help band kids were being disrespectful towards their performance, but I really was confused on what the show was about.

it was probably the GE and music, because I was confused on the music as well.

17 hours ago, clarinetistkai05 said:

Its latin american dance themed. From what ive been told, the north mesq student population is like 90% hispanic, so the show is to pay homage to its' student's heritage. 

1 hour ago, chippedreeds said:

Its latin american dance themed. From what ive been told, the north mesq student population is like 90% hispanic, so the show is to pay homage to its' student's heritage. 

alright, that makes a lot of sense now. we were confused why we heard Hispanic music when their uniforms said different. 

19 hours ago, BostonVibe said:

north's show is pretty cool i wont lie there show is confusing but there music is really good maybe could beat poteet lmk?

As for this, idk if it’ll beat Poteet. However, with more of the recent performances, I’d say North has a chance. They aren’t the loudest band sure, Poteet has that as an advantage, but it truly depends on their cleanliness. That’s what’s going to push them to top 3/4 (they’re taking 4 to state if I’m not mistaken).

48 minutes ago, DallasFan said:

Saw online that Lancaster vs North Mesquite is postponed until tomorrow and supposed to kick back up at noon at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. Which kinda puts this marching contest in an interesting spot.

What does this mean for the contest? Will it be pushed back?

7 hours ago, DallasFan said:

Saw online that Lancaster vs North Mesquite is postponed until tomorrow and supposed to kick back up at noon at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. Which kinda puts this marching contest in an interesting spot.

a lot of football games got postponed, I lost my senior night yesterday due to a huge storm.