Bandera(29)

La Grange(18/26)

Smithville(18/26)

Navasota(27)

Bellville(27)

Royal(27)

Sealy(27)

45 minutes ago, Eco12 said:

I’d love to start seeing some finals predictions, I’ll add mine in a bit!

(*-indicates state cut off)I’m thinking something along the lines of-

1st:Burnet

2nd:China Spring

3rd:Alvarado

4th:Springtown 

5th:Boerne

*6th:Gatesville*

7th:Fredericksburg 

8th:Robinson

9th:Kennedale

10th:Godley

11th:Castleberry

12th:Jarrell

Definitely a lot of movement possible on this list, I could see Taylor or maybe even Venus sneaking into finals. 

43 minutes ago, Eco12 said:

(*-indicates state cut off)I’m thinking something along the lines of-

1st:Burnet

2nd:China Spring

3rd:Alvarado

4th:Springtown 

5th:Boerne

*6th:Gatesville*

7th:Fredericksburg 

8th:Robinson

9th:Kennedale

10th:Godley

11th:Castleberry

12th:Jarrell

Definitely a lot of movement possible on this list, I could see Taylor or maybe even Venus sneaking into finals. 

I really don't think Burnet will win area, only because China Spring came right behind canton, who's a bronze state medalist from last year. There show is good, but I do believe that China Spring can win the whole thing

1 hour ago, cheeto2401 said:

I really don't think Burnet will win area, only because China Spring came right behind canton, who's a bronze state medalist from last year. There show is good, but I do believe that China Spring can win the whole thing

I’m a longtime follower of the canton band from back when Rob Toups led the program. The canton band of today definitely can be beat. I was honestly surprised they placed third last year. I thought for sure Sulphur Springs was going to snag bronze. 

I saw China Spring at Melissa and their show was a little rough, but so was everyone else’s show. It would be amazing for Burnet to secure the area championship. 

3 minutes ago, MrsE said:

I’m a longtime follower of the canton band from back when Rob Toups led the program. The canton band of today definitely can be beat. I was honestly surprised they placed third last year. I thought for sure Sulphur Springs was going to snag bronze. 

I saw China Spring at Melissa and their show was a little rough, but so was everyone else’s show. It would be amazing for Burnet to secure the area championship. 

You may be right. But following most of area D all season, I’ve seen CS separate themselves. Last week at the Sound of Springtown contest it was neck and neck with Canton and only a few Points out of 1000 separating them. Canton was the better band that day in my opinion. The other area D bands definitely have a shot to make state. Seems like a two band race to win area but I’m often surprised. 

I’m excited to see how everything thing plays out, I have a feeling Gatesville will be pretty good this season, same with Boerne, their brass is some of the best I’ve heard this season. I do think top 2 is almost definitely a two way battle between Burnet and CS.

If Gatesville's woodwinds can figure it out and they work out visuals, they could be very good. Don't know much about where Gville is at but, Sounds of Springtown scores had their drums and brass at 2nd and 3rd, I know drums beat all 4A's that played, including CS and Alvarado. Not sure how they'll compare to Burnet or some of the others though.

7 minutes ago, SillyGoobin said:

If Gatesville's woodwinds can figure it out and they work out visuals, they could be very good. Don't know much about where Gville is at but, Sounds of Springtown scores had their drums and brass at 2nd and 3rd, I know drums beat all 4A's that played, including CS and Alvarado. Not sure how they'll compare to Burnet or some of the others though.

to me I really think that Gatesville's hotspot in their show is woodwinds mainly, the visuals still need to be cleaned and spacing need to be worked out