3. Dawson 

4. Shadow Creek

5. SFA

6. Clear Brook

7. B-wood

8. Elkins

9. Clements 

10. Pasadena Memorial

I think Pearland is the clear winner in this area but Dickinsons show surprised me this year it was very interesting musically and visually, they definitely stepped in rankings for me. Dawsons show was a change this year, i think they will make it to the top 4 this year just because they’ve made it the past few years. Shadow creeks visuals/music seems very challenging this year and they’re handling it well but Individuals stick out. SFA, Clear Brook, B Wood in the middle placings, it’s a guess on where they’re gonna be at this season. Same goes for the rest of the bands it’s all a guess at this point. 

1 hour ago, roberto_flute10 said:

Dawsons show was a change this year, i think they will make it to the top 4 this year just because they’ve made it the past few years.

FWIW, Dawson advanced to state in 2022, but not in 2021.  So they haven’t really “made it the last few years” more than some of the other schools in this area.  

2 hours ago, N1ck_T said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c88674a1ff7c668b56c6f57ecae987f4.jpeg
I debated sharing this but it can lead to a very interesting outcome this weekend.

Even with this setback, I think Brazoswood can still perform well at area. While their drill/visual is not very strong, they have great ge moments and difficult music, which they perform well. In my predictions, I had them placing 7th, but I could definitely see them placing higher.

11 minutes ago, SubZer0 said:

Even with this setback, I think Brazoswood can still perform well at area. While their drill/visual is not very strong, they have great ge moments and difficult music, which they perform well. In my predictions, I had them placing 7th, but I could definitely see them placing higher.

While great ge moments are great we all know how uil judges judge

14 hours ago, BandAlumMom said:

FWIW, Dawson advanced to state in 2022, but not in 2021.  So they haven’t really “made it the last few years” more than some of the other schools in this area.  

Dawson advanced to state in 2020 & 2022, and every year they could have before then. Dawson is the most consistent program to advance here, plus we all know what happen in 2021 with the judging.

Brazoswood should be ok, The direct achievement of music and visual program shouldn't be affected too much. Strong programs stay strong through these things 9 times out of 10.

10 hours ago, N1ck_T said:

yes, though it will be very challenging as this week has been very hard mentally for us.

I’m so sad to hear this. As an alum of the program, I have the greatest memories. And the directors were all so great. I know he’s been with the program a long time. Do you guys know what happened, or if he will return? 

11 hours ago, N1ck_T said:

yes, though it will be very challenging as this week has been very hard mentally for us.

I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for these students. The students at Brazoswood have a great product this year, and they deserve to be recognized for their incredible work. The determination and strength of these kids is quite impressive.

1 hour ago, polargn said:

The week i got a chance to watch both dulles and austin and personally i would put dulles in finals. They seem musically mature and visual pretty clean. I honestly think Dulles makes it over Elkins but i guess we will find out in like 8 hours lol

I see like two new schools making finals that being of course Pasadena Memorial and the other spot up for grabs I think clear lake and clear falls have good shows but I would love to see schools like Travis, dulles, and Elkins make it 

On 10/16/2023 at 10:29 PM, PatrickS said:

Honestly I agree that Elkins is being slept on. As the Corps Director of the Blue Devils Drum and Bugle corps, my finals lineup is:

1. Elkins

2. Travis

3. Dulles

4. Clements/SFA

5. Clements/SFA

6. Dawson

7. Dickinson

8. Pasadena Memorial

9. Brazoswood

10. Shadow Creek

First out of finals is Pearland

As the REAL blue devils director, I agree completely.