UIL 4A State Marching Contest 2023 (November 1)

Dave609

4 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

2023 UIL 4A State Marching Contest FINALS Results-

1st: Celina HS (2023 4A State Marching Champion)
2nd: Panther Creek HS (Silver Medalist)
3rd: Anna HS (Bronze Medalist)
4th: China Spring HS
5th: Sulphur Springs HS
6th: Davenport HS
7th: Calallen HS
8th: Canyon HS
9th: North Lamar HS
10th: West Plains HS

area B takes another top 3 sweep! Congratulations to all bands!!!

YEAH PANTHER CREEK WOOOOO MY BEST FRIEND IS THEIR HEAD DM

Just now, ViewFromTheBox said:

Congrats to Celina for your state title! And congrats to everyone for outstanding runs tonight and absolutely amazing seasons!

Way too early prediction for next year: Panther Creek will win the 4A title in 2024. Super impressive performances from them.

There is just something about Frisco Schools! Each band gives a fantastic performance!

9 minutes ago, ViewFromTheBox said:

Congrats to Celina for your state title! And congrats to everyone for outstanding runs tonight and absolutely amazing seasons!

Way too early prediction for next year: Panther Creek will win the 4A title in 2024. Super impressive performances from them.

They will be 5A next year as they will have 4 complete grade levels in 2024.

Right now they have freshman, sophomores, juniors and SOME seniors.

1 minute ago, RetiredBandGuy05 said:

They will be 5A next year as they will have 4 grade levels in 2024.

Right now they have freshman, sophomores and SOME juniors.

They turned in 1,166 for Snapshot Day on Friday, which the UIL will use for classification. So I believe they will stay 4A (but it is the UIL, so who knows).

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/10/25/2023-uil-snapshot-day-enrollment-figures

6 minutes ago, RetiredBandGuy05 said:

They will be 5A next year as they will have 4 grade levels in 2024.

Right now they have freshman, sophomores and SOME juniors.

They will be in 4A for one more year, possibly two more years. Their 10-12th grade classes are small due to the school district giving students a choice to either go to the new school or stay at their original school, and many elected to not transfer over.

8 minutes ago, ViewFromTheBox said:

PC was 1-1-7 in music. In other news, I'm getting on the "get rid of using ordinals" train again.

WHAT

That absolutely boggles the mind.  To be honest, what it sounded like to me was a mini version of a lower finals 6A band.  It was that impeccable.  To give that 7th is an astounding failure of ear training.

Ok I think I know what’s going on. I’m guessing, but I think I’m right. 

I think they used the 7 judge caption format that they used in 6a (so caption for WW, Brass, Perc, etc). But I think the website is set up to show us the 5 judge system. So you’re seeing 5 of the 7 judges placed in the wrong categories, but the total is right.

1 minute ago, Hellothere2233 said:

Ok I think I know what’s going on. I’m guessing, but I think I’m right. 

I think they used the 7 judge caption format that they used in 6a (so caption for WW, Brass, Perc, etc). But I think the website is set up to show us the 5 judge system. So you’re seeing 5 of the 7 judges placed in the wrong categories, but the total is right.

That would make sense thanks

18 hours ago, Horst Nordfjnk said:

Yes, pretty amazing. Panther Creek is basically a Frisco ISD school that hasn't gone to AAAAA yet. They'll probably be in AAAA for another cycle, based upon estimated enrollment data, before they jump up a classification.

My director told our band that they're moving up to 5a next year