2022 Royse City Marching Classic - Oct. 8, 2022

1 hour ago, Vin said:

This is looking relatively stacked, wow! The 5A division looks very stacked, considering Poteet, West Mesquite, Melissa, Princeton, T-High, Marshall, etc. Do you know how finals will work, how many they will take?

I would think 10 since its only 25 bands. And normally 30 bands or more adds the extra spots

Asked my band director today, he said 5a and 6a are competing separately from 3a and 4a, and 5a and 6a will have 10 in finals, while 3a and 4a have 7. This weekend is definitely going to be interesting. Will anyone be there and possibly be able to record the bands there?

9 hours ago, Vin said:

Asked my band director today, he said 5a and 6a are competing separately from 3a and 4a, and 5a and 6a will have 10 in finals, while 3a and 4a have 7. This weekend is definitely going to be interesting. Will anyone be there and possibly be able to record the bands there?

That's not how royse city is normally. Its all together and ten in finals.

1 hour ago, SaxPapi101 said:

That's not how royse city is normally. Its all together and ten in finals.

Idk to be honest I've been there too and you're right but that's what he said, maybe he was wrong not sure. He knows more than I do though

No idea how finals went, but they did indeed take 10 from 5A and 6A (Division I) and 7 from 3A and 4A (Division II).

I am not sure on which Division II bands made finals, but I remember the list of bands from Division I.

Mesquite Poteet HS

West Mesquite HS

Melissa HS

Princeton HS

Texas HS

Rowlett HS

Rockwall-Heath HS

Tyler Legacy HS

Garland HS

North Forney HS

We sadly did not make finals, missed by 1 spot, we were 11th. It was really cool to see all of these great bands in one place though honestly, it was a bit scary.

Any results from Finals?

3 hours ago, SaxPapi101 said:

Honestly, I believed Heath should have gotten 2nd or 1st, their musicality was INSANE.

HARD AGREE heath sounded absolutely great we walked into the lot while they were playing and their brass sounded amazing honestly.

1 hour ago, Caspenyce said:

10- Texas

9- West Mesquite 

8- N Forney

7- Tyler Legacy

6- Mesquite Poteet

5- Garland

4- Rockwall Heath

3- Princeton 

2- Rowlett

1- Melissa

Outstanding Colorguard- Princeton