Circular Breathing

its kind of a useless skill. there are very few instances when u need to hold ur note for 5 hours.

But there are quite a few instances when you might need to do it during long fast runs where you wouldn't normally get a chance to breathe. I've mostly seen Bassoon players doing it though. Bassoon solos can get absolutely crazy.

so ever since i posted this thread yesterday..ive been practicing to try to learn how to circular breathe

..i can circular breathe without an instrument at my face..but cannot with an instrument..

i cant get to air it take to play with the pushing of my cheeks..

anyone who can do it...pointers?

I usually do it if I know there is an important part coming up, or I'm not supposed to breathe at a certain point. I usually do it during marching season...I started really doing it when I was a sophomore I think. Once I got the hang of it, it became easier and easier. ummm....just keep practicing it if you can't do it right now, it'll come to you eventaully...trust me

so ever since i posted this thread yesterday..ive been practicing to try to learn how to circular breathe

..i can circular breathe without an instrument at my face..but cannot with an instrument..

i cant get to air it take to play with the pushing of my cheeks..

anyone who can do it...pointers?

same here...I can do it without the instrument but I can't do it while playing.

• 1 month later...

^nice random spam

but anyway..yeah in our music concert peice this year, duringa sax feature..the alto who has to play something like 6 measures where hes the one to be heard the most, he circular breaths, and its freakin cool..like not having to stop to breath..>GOD>.i need to learn how