2005 Cadets Drum Break

Trumpet Master

QUOTE (Trumpet Master @ Jan 4 2006, 06:07 PM)
It was certainly different to say the least. biggrin.gif

That's Bjork for ya.

Her music is very eccentric. To some, she sings funny and says things that don't make any sense. You either like her or you're annoyed by her music.

^like a speaker

it amplifies the sound of something..in this case a mic thats all hooked up into thier sound system

lots of ppl hate electronics in general because they sometimes say its taking away from the original way of marching band...(when there were no electronics)

now days..alot of big high school bands have a hefty budget just for electronics

(including synths, keyboards, computers and electronic boards..mics for the whole pit, miced soloists, miced ensombles..backfield sound system, preshow sound system.., plenty of speakers and subs, and eewee (sp?) basically looks like and electronic clarinet that can imitate any instruments sound when hooked to the computer

the list goes on and on..

It works for some, I mean do you think Richland could do their show without electronics. I'm not a fan of them myself, but if you use it appropiately its fine.

But it also means more stuff for us to lug around and the chance of stuff going wrong in the form of "electronic difficulties".

I remember at DMI, Akins was performing Pandora's Box (I believe that's what it's called) they had a narrator for their show and sometimes her mic would cut out. Here is the video.

Richland isn't a drum corps.

-C

Heheh.

I think one can only confuse marching band with corps if one has not experienced live drum corps on G bugles.

I feel sorry for people who have never been on the receiving end of a G hornline of 72 horns, at gloriously full volume.

No, there just is no confusion once you have heard (felt) this.

Though I regretfully have never experienced a live drum corps.

In a way, you just proved my point. ;)

I believe drum corps must be experienced live in order to understand it and to know how it is different from marching band. Watching a drum corps video is a paultry, entirely inadequate substitute for the real thing.

Marching band is like watching your friend drive his car down your street and into your driveway.

Drum corps is like standing at the fence at a NASCAR race.

And, I've taken us way off topic. Sorry, guys.