Drum Major

euro_euph06

• 1 month later...
hey dude.. i saw you at the arlington regional...

i took a pic of you when we got in the stands,,,

:)

its very sexy lol

jk

jk

haha...really? Danpod ran up to me outta nowhere and greeted me. I was like "huh? what da..." and he gave me a McDonald's arch card that I was EXTREMELY happy to receive (until I found out it had only 5 dollars on it and i still had to pay).

but that's tight...im glad i was noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out for this year, but didnt make it (two seniors did) but my directors said I was very close, and do to an injury I had last week, I was unable to march at area, so my directors had me field conduct during the show, so now that Ive had a taste of being drum major I want it even more, and everybody in my band has come up to me and said they really want to see me as drum major, so I am thinking I have a really good shot for next year. :)

I'd love to see a brass player as drum major in my school. This year, we have three clarinet drum majors.

But onto topic... I'll see if I want to try out for drum major for next year. I mean, most people come into high school band wanting to be one, but I've been put under so much pressure as a section leader (some of it self-done) that I'm scared of drum major pressure. Plus, I'd probably miss marching too much.

• 6 months later...
we found out our 3rd drum major today, it's a pretty cool soph. flute player. she definately was the best that tried out, I'm quite happy for her she's going to be great for the next 3 years

Our program always seems to elect DMs later than everyone else.

Our judge tryout is on the 13th, and our student tryout is on the 20th; we find out on the 28th.

• 2 weeks later...