Drum Major

euro_euph06

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey! SaxoAK

Can you please explain that to me!

Hey! EODrillDesigner98

Here is my speculation:

Some schools around the United States start marching band in 6th grade to give them experience for HS.

When he got to HS he auditioned for DM and got it.

As for Regiment---I don't know.

My band doesn't give as much power to the drum majors as most bands do. Our drum majors conduct, and that's about all. They don't lead much of anything.

Section leaders get to do pretty much whatever they need to with their sections. We get to do sectionals and stuff like that. AND you get to march and do crazy stuff in the stands.

case and point, SL is better =)

Hey! EODrillDesigner98

Here is my speculation:

Some schools around the United States start marching band in 6th grade to give them experience for HS.

When he got to HS he auditioned for DM and got it.

As for Regiment---I don't know.

I totally understand the part about having 6th grades being prepare for marching band in high school the part i dont understand is the Phantom Regiment thing!

• 7 months later...

Hahahaha, in response to Aaron, I actually thought the same exact thing whenever I didn't see that option.

Oh well. Life goes on. :D

And yes, sometimes our directors pick juniors as well as seniors; just depends on who tries out. IMO, I think it'd always be smart to have at least one junior, that way there's always a senior who has one year of DM-ing already under their belt.

Yeah I tried out this year but I didn't make it.  As far as I can tell I was like 2nd alternate or something.  IDK.  One of my best friends made it though, so it's all good.

BTW, are there any schools that have other than senior DMs?

actually, this year, we had a sophmore DM, but none of the upperclassmen listened to her. she got off almost everytime on the major transitions, so i had to look for Johnny - head DM - outta the corner of my eye.

i was talking to the band director on the bus ride home last year and he said because then, the freshmen will be able to relate to someone - since they are terrified of upperclassmen :mellow: ...?? i guess it is an investment for the future?

she tried to correct me once, but she was looking down the wrong diagonals..... :lol:

i moved to get her to stop bugging me so when she left, i got back into my diagonal. :P

next year, i might try out for DM or stay and march. not quite sure

• 2 months later...

i really wanna try out but i doubt ill get it. cuz i play tuba and im actually one of the only ones that can sight read well then again actually read music most of our section needs the rhythmes read to them and like showed and our director doesnt like letting his tuba players or percussion players to do anything else besides their instrument

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...