If you guys are interested in seeing a military band, which is what Lufkin is, I'm leaving a link of our contest drill. The first thing you'll see on this video is homecoming stuff, but skip through that, and you'll get to the band stuff. (After that is a football game, but this is the only video that I could locate online of this year's band). If you do watch the video, please comment with your thoughts.

Go to the link, and click on the game that says Lufkin-Woodlands, and click on PART 1.

City of Lufkin Website - Click on Part 1 of Lufkin-Woodlands game...

Don't forget to fast-forward through the homecoming stuff to get to the marching part! Thanks!

Hmm..sorry guys. It worked for me...

Anyway, I'll give you a link to the City of Lufkin Football Video Page.

Click on the game that says Lufkin-Woodlands, and click on PART 1.

City of Lufkin Panther Football Videos - Click on Part 1 of the Lufkin-Woodlands 2005 game

Don't forget to fast-forward through the homecoming stuff to get to the marching part! Thanks!

Hmm..sorry guys. It worked for me...

Anyway, I'll give you a link to the City of Lufkin Football Video Page.

Click on the game that says Lufkin-Woodlands, and click on PART 1.

City of Lufkin Panther Football Videos - Click on Part 1 of the Lufkin-Woodlands 2005 game

For anyone else watching, its 8 Minutes into the video.

Very nice lines... very very nice. I have to admit the "commentary" on the video is a little funny "There going this way, now they're going this way."

I have to admit, I obviously had a misconception when I thought that bands that marched in the military style were primitive and backwards. At first, it seemed like it was just a block moving around on the field, but then things started getting a bit more "spicy", and I liked it. So, thanks for the video and educating all of us. Well done! :D

- mindfulmusician

I have to admit, I obviously had a misconception when I thought that bands that marched in the military style were primitive and backwards. At first, it seemed like it was just a block moving around on the field, but then things started getting a bit more "spicy", and I liked it. So, thanks for the video and educating all of us. Well done! :D

- mindfulmusician

Yeah, honestly that's the conception involving most military bands. Mainly because a lot of military bands tend to do "safe" drills (dragging the field, a few counter-marches) just enough to get a 1. With a lot of the bigger bands (Lufkin, Kingwood, even Lindale), there is a little more risk to the drill.

A lot of those directors are trying to get rid of the whole "if you've seen one military band you've seen them all" idea that a lot of people in East TX harbor.