North Texas Marching Contest

But maybe we're just that hardcore.

Maybe. I have to say when we saw Allen at NTBC they did have massive sound but their final chord dissapointed me. Is wasn't as massive as I expected but then again that was prelims. I'm sure it was better in finals.

Also, while watching their show we saw them in prelims we saw one kid marching in a sling and no instrument. But I'm sure the judges saw that. :unsure:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psh, their sound barely compares with ours and we're half the size.  But maybe we're just that hardcore.

Can we please forgo some of this self-hype?

Have you heard both your band and Allen from the top of the stands on the 50? Martin at fff isn't even as loud as Allen is at mf and with a slightly more harsh sound. Now, Allen starts to get a little harsh as well at fff, but all that we are really talking about is the fact that you can feel their volume rattling your bones.

Watching us talk or watching us march? There's a big difference. And Xenon, I have no choice but to assume that you were at North Texas, on the 50, at the top of the stands for both of our performances. Is this true?

No, I was at BOA SA, but I saw both your's and Allen's shows many times this year from exactly that position in a vast array of different types of stands.

I figured as much.

Wow. Just Wow....

What an inane comment. Do you really believe that it is not possible to compare the objective qualities of two bands just because you didn't see them at the exact same time; and especially considering I saw both bands on at least 3 seperate occasions each??? (I saw Martin's show 6 times this year)

And Lighten up! I am not dogging Martin, and I am not saying that Allen is better than Martin. All that anybody has been saying here is that Allen is loud. VERY loud. Period.

Lmao, I only said that that's the impression I got. I must say, though, 6 times? I'm impressed. WEre they spaced through the season or...? (Simply out of curiousity, of course) when did you see us?

1. Duncanville vs. Martin @ Cravens

2. Birdville Prelims

3. Birdville Finals

4. UIL

5. Duncanville Prelims

6. Duncanville Finals

So, yeah, pretty well spaced out through the season.

I see... yeah, we did pretty well at UIL... that was a nice performance. And our football team actually did well at Duncanville, lmao. Basically the only game they won that wasn't against another team who hadn't won a single game. You would think out of 4000 kids they would be able to draw up a decent football team.

The 500+ member band marches eveyone in there band...no alternates

obviously there's no way for us to be clean.

and we do have alternates. evidently you weren't well informed.

we call them "shadows".

there are AT LEAST 5 shadows from each of the big sections and around 2 from the smaller sections (like mine, the bass clarinets)

but yes, we know we're not the best and i'm sure martin had a wonderful show! i'm sorry i couldn't see it. i missed l.d.bell, too. *sigh* maybe next time.

oh, and the person in a sling...i love that kid! his little brother fell on his arm though and broke it i think. he marched cause his shadow has....problems. to put it nicely. *shrug* does it really matter that much?

White Uniforms are awesome. Coppell, Allen, Duncanville, and Bell are some of my faves.

hmmmm, I think I'll stick with black and red.

we actually have two sets of "bibbers" (pants), black and white.

our school loves us. that's mucho bucks, cause these uniforms are only 3 years old, there's about 700 of them, and they cost about $5oo each. biiiiig bucks.

$350,000, wow. Are yall the only high school in your school district?