What about the lake Travis cymbal line? I think that's Cedar Ridge biggest competition

I only think so because now since they had OUR tech, she most likely gave them a cymbal feature like we did every year. So now Round Rock cymbals might not be the only line with their own unique feature... But I guess we have to see!

I only think so because now since they had OUR tech, she most likely gave them a cymbal feature like we did every year. So now Round Rock cymbals might not be the only line with their own unique feature... But I guess we have to see!

I understand! Oh and lake Travis cymbals has a cymbal feature too.... They have had one for the last 2 years They also won best cymbal line at pasic last year

All that I know so far is this:

PRELIMS Caption Awards:

Best Cymbals: Richland

Best Basses: John Horn

Best Front Ensemble: John Horn

Best Tenors: John Horn

Best Snares: John Horn

FINALS Placement:

1) John Horn

2) Richland

3) Cedar Ridge

4) Vandegrift

5) Plano East

If you want to see the full results, they should be posted here sometime later today: http://portal.marcuspercussion.com/portal/LoneStar/Results/tabid/73/Default.aspx

On a completely unrelated note, John Horn completely deserved everything they got. They honestly were THAT good. On a completely different level from everybody else there in my opinion, and everybody else was still really good.

Really proud of Newman Smith Drumline. 1st place in Standstill II Silver with a 94.67 is HUGE, especially considering where we were my freshman year (2007) finishing 24th in D1 with a 71.38. The turn around this program has had in the last 6 years is really amazing, and something I like to think I had a part in. Way to go, guys

Really proud of Newman Smith Drumline. 1st place in Standstill II Silver with a 94.67 is HUGE, especially considering where we were my freshman year (2007) finishing 24th in D1 with a 71.38. The turn around this program has had in the last 6 years is really amazing, and something I like to think I had a part in. Way to go, guys

Props to them from me as well, I saw them in the lot and they're a very solid group. Impressive playing, and a very cool battery book! Looking for good things from them in the future! 

• 9 months later...