UIL Area B Marching Contest

How is it possible that the judges could be so far out of whack regarding a band?  As a Lake Ridge supporter I am obviously overjoyed with the results, but the scoring makes no sense.  Lake Ridge gets 2 1st places in music then a 9th from the other judge?  Then the marching is a 1st and an 11th?  Wakeland gets 2 2nd's in music then an 11th from judge 3?  Centennial Frisco's music scores are 10, 10, 3?  Little Elm, 13, 11, 4? Aledo 4, 11, 12? How could the judges be so out of whack on these scores?  I can understand a differene of a few places but it is as if the judges liked certain styles of music and disliked others.

Loved Lake Ridges show! Congrats to them on their first trip to state!

I am so confused on why the judging was so out of whack. For example: Lake Ridge was given 1st in music twice and then 11th by the third judge. For marching they were given 1st by one judge and 9th by another.

I definitely wish UIL would switch over to the point system to make the placement more definite and less confusing..... And less confusing.....

The biggest surprises to me:

Frisco Centennial - 6th

Mansfield Legacy - 10th

Aledo -11th

I would add that these bands all had to preform in the first block

What a great contest! I was certainly impressed by the bands and definitely have some new favorites. Wakeland never ceases to impress and I couldn’t help but to admire all the beautiful sounds and clean marching. Thoroughly enjoyed this show and I wish them the best of luck on Tuesday. One band that I was pleasantly surprised with, and most of the crowd it seemed as well,was the Lake Ridge band. A very interesting and entertaining show that definitely caught and captivated the crowd as, basically, a whole. What a fast paced, high energy show with interesting arrangements of The Rite of Spring, Holst as well as music featured from signs. I’m intrigued to see how the 2nd year school places in the state contest against all the big boys, but I feel as if they will leave an impression. Best of luck to all bands advancing!

I want to send all the bands the very best wishes on the upcoming state contest. When I saw Southwest at the BISD festival back at the beginning of October, I picked them to win their division and they did! I actually teared up a bit, feeling excited for them. Weird, maybe, but I felt very proud of them! They have a great show and sound just terrific! It doesn't surprise me at all that they are headed to State. :) I haven't seen Newman Smith or Lake Ridge live. I did see Wakeland at Mansfield and their show is great! Their colorguard....wow! Bands have kicked it up a notch this year. Good for them!! :)

they're looking and sounding pretty great, and the drumline just keeps getting better and better. pretty impressive considering they've gone under major staff changes (they've had a different head band director at each of their state appearances, and nobody on this staff was there when they got 6th back in 09). proud of my alma mater. Anybody think they've got an outside chance at finals?