RRISD Festival of Bands

Believe me it was awesome. Last year Baylor band went..and it was pretty good.

It was good to listen to all the other bands. I still think Westwood spinners, tops, or whatever are almost the koolest or cheesiest visual, but hey..it isn't as cheesy as the dancing with the keys.

Well, Stony Point's was Stony Point..and McNeil did decent.

Our performance on the other hand was beautiful. With our last note, the entire crowd shot up with appause.. Ya know? It wasn't one of those hesitation things.. Like, "Hmm, should I stand up..but if I do.. I will look like an idiot thing.." it was an instant reaction..

This is the part we leave the feild all cocky.

I feel sorry for a clarinet in my band because one of our dumb guard members hit her with the flag and cracked her instrument. Our show would be so much better if our guard was good. *sighs*

UT Band, I like their set position. Their twirly's butt kept falling out of her little outfit.. They played some hits from the beatles and of course.. MARCH GRANDIOSSO? *spelling* The funnest stand tune ever.. I like how they stand still and move their feet at a constant pace...That must hurt.

Believe me it was awesome. Last year Baylor band went..and it was pretty good.

It was good to listen to all the other bands. I still think Westwood spinners, tops, or whatever are almost the koolest or cheesiest visual,

Well, Stony Point's was Stony Point..and McNeil did decent.

Our performance on the other hand was beautiful. With our last note, the entire crowd shot up with appause.. Ya know? It wasn't one of those hesitation things.. Like, "Hmm,but hey..it isn't as cheesy as the dancing with the keys. should I stand up..but if I do.. I will look like an idiot thing.." it was an instant reaction..

This is the part we leave the feild all cocky.

I feel sorry for a clarinet in my band because one of our dumb guard members hit her with the flag and cracked her instrument. Our show would be so much better if our guard was good. *sighs*

UT Band, I like their set position. Their twirly's butt kept falling out of her little outfit.. They played some hits from the beatles and of course.. MARCH GRANDIOSSO? *spelling* The funnest stand tune ever.. I like how they stand still and move their feet at a constant pace...That must hurt.

but hey..it isn't as cheesy as the dancing with the keys.

what the crap...why the crap are you bashing us? It's not a cheesy visual at all...they are doors, and doors open with keys...ya know those metal objects that unlock your door? yeah those are keys...you don't even have props. :P , so don't bash our show please, that isn't what this place is about...You Round Rockians need to stop being so cocky. It's just your lucky year. That's why no media of RR is here on this site. :D

Love! :wub:

^? how so

things can be said with the same meaning ..but in a different feel

like the original naration for that show was

"we are here to perform a show about our selfs"

but when u think about it.. and it says

"we are here to perform a show about being in band"

it all means the same thing..just said in a different way to give a different feel..

Speaking of band shows...check out Kennesaw Mountain HS, GA 2004. The best show that I have ever seen about marching band.

I thought Kennesaw Mountain's concept was a brilliant idea. I know some people thought they were 'sucking up' to BOA by playing the BOA theme song and having the announcer voiceover in the middle of the show, but what other way could you do a show about your very own band? Hence, the show title, "Evolution".

From a design standpoint, Kennesaw nailed the show down to the very little detail. It amazed me. From the picture backdrops, to the basics block/Dr. Beat at the beginning of the show, to the "Somewhere Over the Raindow" moment, and to the closer which had various parts of their 2001-2003 shows. I'll admit, the show choked me up the first time I saw it. It was absolutely emotional.

Probably because it brought back so many memories of my marching band days in high school. Granted, I only graduated three years ago (2003), but it seemed like yesterday that I was still in HS.

You Round Rockians need to stop being so cocky. It's just your lucky year. That's why no media of RR is here on this site. :D

Love! :wub:

Yes, yes... I would say, we are not being cocky because in fact, we have always had a good reputation because if I recall back in I believe to either be 2002 or 01, I don't remember, the Round Rock band took Prelims first place and Finals 2nd.

So we too have gotten placed pretty.. And possibly there is no media here because the site was opened this year and I am the first Round Rock kid to join the place. Hmm, does that say anything? That this site is fairly new. :)

I wasn't bashing your show.. Was I? No.

First of all, I'd like to point out again (please read the long post in the Westlake thread) that Round Rock and Leander are two totally different types of bands. Leander is BOA, Round Rock is UIL.

Both of these schools have excellent reputations. Leander has been a top performer at many BOA events including Grand Nationals as well as the UIL 5A State. Round Rock is near the top of the marching game in central Texas events.

And seriously people... cut Leander some slack... They are great, but they have had a rough time the last 2 years because they lost a director. If you don't think a director can make a difference, look at Westfield when they lost Geiger. 1st place GN 2003 to 9th(?) at BOA SA 2004?

Now as for props, I really wouldn't say the keys are cheesy. I have to admit, the original comment about them did seem a bit degrading. If you want to see cheesy, look at Winston Churchill's 2003 "Toxic" show... Although a great show, the giant smoking barrel in the back was, well, funny.

And possibly there is no media here because the site was opened this year and I am the first Round Rock kid to join the place.

As for media, you guys need to understand how we actually obtain it. ALL of our media is either obtained from BOA events or the UIL State DVD's. Some media has been submitted from people that got it off their own band CD, but (no offence) they aren't of great quality.

Round Rock just hasn't been to a BOA or State... so we don't have it. But feel free to submit it!

And seriously people... cut Leander some slack... They are great, but they have had a rough time the last 2 years because they lost a director. If you don't think a director can make a difference, look at Westfield when they lost Geiger. 1st place GN 2003 to 9th(?) at BOA SA 2004?

Thank you.