Westlake Finals

Well obviously the scoring is inflated compared to a BOA standard. Remember, that most of the scoring is relative to the other bands.

Look at finals... lowest score was an 85? That's a full 3 points higher than Winston Churchill, which WON the BOA Houston Regional just last week.

Another factor to consider is that there is only 1 judge for each caption. Although Westlake follows UIL rules, they do not follow the UIL standard of 3 music and 2 visual judges... instead they have 1 judge for percussion, design/effect, music, visual, and auxillary.

Hrm, well, then some upperclassmen sitting behind me lie!!! :P

Some of the upperclassmen in our band are quite questionable when it comes to reliable sources. :lol: . I actually went home last night and listened because I was curious, and yeah, it doesn't really sound anything like our arrangement did.

It was still an interesting show, and their band is huge.

i think rr should of made 1st. their drumline was awesome. if only they had more people on the drumline.....

agreed, RR's drumline was awesome. but if they had more people in their drumline then it would have less impressive. that is one of the things i liked about RR's drumline. they kept it small yet still produced the sound need from the battery section. cedar park's drumline on the other hand had the same volume, more people, less clarity. it also veries on the size of band so that may have been the reasoning behind CP's 7 man snareline.

I keep answering my own questions :D

Now if we could only get prelim scores.

Results for 2005 Westlake Marching Festival

Finals Results

1st Place 92.65 Cedar Park HS

2nd Place 92.00 Round Rock HS

3rd Place 90.725 Georgetown HS

4th Place 90.475 Westwood HS

5th Place 89.75 Connally HS

6th Place 89.40 Hendrickson HS

7th Place 88.12 Sandra Day O