Personally I'm a high-cam kind of girl. I like to see all the sets.

Multi-cam is nice though, because you end up getting more of a feel for the band's personality and you connect better with them.

Which do you prefer and why?

Friendly debate, ladies. No slitting of throats over something as trivial as this.

I'm with Daniel. For most pre-2001 stuff (the Westfields, the Duncanvilles, the Springs) I prefer Hi-Cam since those shows back then were more music centric and the real visual meat came from the intricate forms and spread-out 50+ member Mega Guards wielding bellowing flags, rather than individual body visuals.

Nowadays, though, the multi-cam is almost necessary to be able to fully appreciate the show. It's fitting and mighty convenient how the era of DVDs (and their ability to include both vantage points in one product) came about at the same time visual books started to add more micromanaged detail (head tilts, limb-based visuals etc.).

I'd hate to watch Tarpon Springs (FL) 2010 in Hi-Cam.

The shows of today almost require a multi-cam view. To the casual fan, Lawrence Central might look like any other program from a high-cam view. However, a closer look really shows off how ridiculously detailed and clean their visuals are.

The only show that cameras cannot do justice for is Through A Glass, Darkly. It has to be seen live.