USSBA Championships- Class 3A, 5 & 6

Class 3A

1. Luling High School 82.85

2. Victoria West 81.375

Class 5 Open

1. Westfield 95.538 (Music, Visual, Overall Effect)

2. Cypress Falls 94.163

3. Forney 93.238

4. Oak Ridge 93.00 (Percussion and Guard)

5. Wylie 92.675

6. Lake Travis 92.638

7. Conroe 91.475

8. Boswell 87.375

Class 6 Open

1. Cy-Fair 94.925 (Percussion, Guard, Music, Visual, Overall Effect)

2. Creekview 92.438

3. New Braunfels 92.025

4. Canyon 90.25

Edited by jdrum

I'm surprised they weren't honestly, as Danpod (Daniel Valdez) was (according to the USSBA website) involved with the competition as some sort of coordinator.

Guilty! I was one of the Assistant Show Coordinators at the USSBA show in The Woodlands. I did not think to submit the contest into Predictions simply because I was so busy trying to prepare for the event itself.

I want to take this time to thank the Conroe High School Band for hosting the show on Saturday. The directors, students, and parents from the organization were absolutely incredible! I also want to thank the young gentlemen from Conroe High School who stayed after the contest to help me disassemble the Jolesch risers. I hope you guys enjoyed the money I gave you for your time!

Actually, since USSBA is a WGI-esque Class-based format where the pool of bands are divy'd up so that there are only a small number of bands in each class and they only compete against bands in that class, we typically don't allow Predictions of that nature to be approved (Capital City and Blinn use this format as well, including a few smaller contests...Cap City's results will be thrown out post-season for this very reason).

An exception to this would be Lonestar Percussion Festival, though we only allowed Silver-I Division and Marching Division Predictions to be posted as separate events since they had a large number of well-known lines competing.

If someone had submitted an event titled "USSBA State Championships - Class 5 Open", it possibly would have been approved since there were a large number of bands competing in that category. However if someone had submitted predictions for just Class 3 or 6, it likely would not have been approved.