Lamar

Legacy

Mansfield

Martin

Richland

Sam Houston

Trinity

Bolded I think will make finals.

Area B is going to be a bloodbath like usual.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to break Area G up, thats an insane amount of schools. IDK how they would divide the lines but breaking it up has an upside as well as a down, but I will let the masses on here argue about what those are

I agree completely. There are significantly more 5A schools in that Area than any other.

They need to break Area G up, thats an insane amount of schools. IDK how they would divide the lines but breaking it up has an upside as well as a down, but I will let the masses on here argue about what those are

The huge downside is who exactly gets put in what division after a split, which entails which bands would be going to state that would or would not have gone before. So let's say we just took the bottom half of Area G from last time around and made a separate Area for them. First thing to note would be that of those two Areas, a combined 6 bands would be sent to state, instead of 7 when having the one super Area (38=7, 19=3). Secondly, in the area with the better bands, due to the increased competition for less spots, bands that would have made it in the super area would not go, whereas the bands who would've not made it at the super area would go at their own area. This already happens when comparing different Areas, but there's no way to avoid that now. Of course the extremity of this happening is unlikely, but it's a sure bet one or two bands would be cheated out if a split where to occur.

The official Area A 5A Schedule has now been posted. 26 bands - 5 to advance. I would not be surprised to see all 3 Keller ISD schools take 3 of those 5 spots.

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.uilforms.com/regions/2/AREA%20M...nal%20Draft.pdf

jmj, do not underestimate any of the El Paso bands, they are really coming off strong this marching season. With all the bands advancing from Region 22 I expect to see true contenders from EP-Coronado, EP- Hanks, EP-Bel Air, EP-Americas, EP-Franklin, who knows maybe all 5 of these will advance!

I think the only way to cut down on the amount of bands in Area G would be to move the NISD (Northwest San Antonio) bands back into Area D like it was in 2004. But then that would make Area D the biggest area in the state. If NISD bands were in Area D, that would make 34 bands in Area D and 30 in Area G.

I don't know if the rest of the Area G bands could be moved into other areas. I'm just speaking about a city I know very well in San Antonio.

Edited by rpd

Couldn't they make San Antonio and Corpus into an area and brownsville and Larado into another, or something to that nature. Out of all the cities they could put the 2 that are close to each other in 1 Area? Just throwing out an idea. I just think more schools would have a shot at state than having the massive area, but that's just me

Edited by TxRaider13

Thanks to king_leonides and his spies for the Reg. 23 reports!

UIL Forms is currently reporting the following 1's in 5A for Region 9:

Conroe

Klein Forest

Klein Oak

The Woodlands

College Park

Westfield

Dekaney, Klein Collins, Spring, Tomball, Oak Ridge, Klein are still to go...

Edited by jmj

Apparently, SFA won't be coming to Area E finals. I checked their online calendar. Not only are they not planning on attending area E - they are instructing their members to take the ACT test that day.

http://www.austinbulldogband.org/calendars...nson-s-calendar

I will not comment on that situation.

What that effectively means for Area E is this: 7 bands must qualify from tonight's region 23 show, to get to the magic number of 20. Four qualified from the first set of 5. (Hastings made a 1. That is a solid accomplishment for that program. They must have really improved from previous year's shows. Congratulations.)

That means that 3 must qualify from the last group of 7. JET will almost certainly make a 1, That means that Katy HS, Mayde Creek, Westside, or one of the other Alief school will need to produce two 1s. And they all need to come to the Berry Center this Saturday.

Thanks to king_leonides and his spies for the Reg. 23 reports!

UIL Forms is currently reporting the following 1's in 5A for Region 9:

Conroe

Klein Forest

Klein Oak

The Woodlands

College Park

Westfield

Dekaney, Klein Collins, Spring, Tomball, Oak Ridge, Klein are still to go...

Well all twelve 5A in region 9 got 1-1-1-1

Edited by gbtx1968

In Region 18, Austin High, Anderson, Akins, Bowie, Westlake, San Marcos, and Pflugerville all received 1st divisions. Final count is 34 bands to Area D.

Final Area D schedule has now been posted at this link. Click where it says Final Contest Schedule (it's an Excel file):

http://www.uilmusicregion18.com/aread.html

Edited by jmj

I still don't have a total for region 23. I know that Mayde Creek did earn a 1. I don't have number for Katy HS, Westside, JET, or the other competitors from the last segment tonight.

Whoever is responsible for entering this data into UILFORMS for region 23, needs to get it done.

Agree with you on the data entry! Don't they know that inquiring minds want to know??

My understanding is that all 6 KISD bands at last night's UIL region 23 shows made 1's. Hastings also earned a 1. That makes 7. I have yet to hear about Westside, and the other AISD/HISD bands in attendance last night. I know that Lamar earned a 2.

But 7 bands from region 23, would put the Area E show over 20 bands. That means 4 should qualify for finals from area E. I checked Hastings' website, and the Area E contest is on their calendar, so I presume they will attend.

So it looks like SFA's decision not to attend, will not impact the total number of bands who will be coming from area E.

Here are the Region 5 Results:

DATE of EVENT: 10/19/2010 Region 5

Arlington High School 1-1-1 = 1

*Birdville High School 1-1-1 = 1

Haltom High School 1-1-1 = 1

James Bowie High School 1-1-1 = 1

*Juan Seguin HS 1-2-1 = 1

L.D. Bell High School 1-1-1 = 1

Lamar High School 2-1-2 = 2

Legacy High School 1-1-1 = 1

Mansfield High School 1-1-1 = 1

Martin High School 1-1-1 = 1

Richland High School 1-1-1 = 1

Sam Houston High School 2-2-2 = 2

*Summit High School 1-1-1 = 1

*Timberview High School 2-1-1 = 1

Trinity High School 1-1-1 = 1

*AAAA Bands

So - based on the above, how do you know which bands advance to Area B?