Yeah, I saw a live stream of Avon's show last night which included a drum break after where the video ends and the show is amazing :D Certainly has potential to win nationals again!

Btw, (assuming your youtube name is the same as your forum name) the show is called "IconoClash". The title is pretty self-explanatory :P

Edited by Mellophone77

I honestly could not agree more! Last year's trumpet feature was SICK! But this year they added the mellos AND baritones?!?!?! I envy them for getting two awesome features two years in a row. <_< The show is looking great for such an early stage. The drill and body movement for both the band and colorguard is PERFECT for the music (the sashays towards the end were awesome!!!!), which to my surprise is executed very well. I am NO fan of rock music being used in marching shows (e.g. Carmel 2002 and Westfield 2007 <--I think) but it flows with the Beethoven seamlessly. I can honestly say that I don't really want them to "three-peat" Grand Nationals, but it seems to be a definite possibility.

One thing I had issue with was the uniforms?!?! I don't like the puffy shirt (Seinfeld haha) look compared to the sleekness of last year. It looks stupid...

ha, such a great show concept! and you knoooow that brass feature is gonna be amazing by the end of the year.

The puffy uniforms represent the "Clash" between two "Icons," Beethoven and Zeppelin/REM/Barber (<-- Yes, you read that right).

For some odd reason, I think the 2009 show has to do something with it, because Avon did the throwing-flags-out-of-the-circle for the closer last year, and now they're doing it at the beginning? Looks interesting....

Edited by november rain

I know Avon will be ready come Grand Nat. time, but they are well aware that LD Bell and other Texas bands will be gunnin' for 'em. As an Indiana marching band fan, I hope they can three peat but I think they have their work cut out for them, with all of the quality Texas bands along with the other traditional Indiana powers like Carmel, Center Grove, Lawrence Central etc. Looks to be another exciting Grand Nat. finals.

I know Avon will be ready come Grand Nat. time, but they are well aware that LD Bell and other Texas bands will be gunnin' for 'em. As an Indiana marching band fan, I hope they can three peat but I think they have their work cut out for them, with all of the quality Texas bands along with the other traditional Indiana powers like Carmel, Center Grove, Lawrence Central etc. Looks to be another exciting Grand Nat. finals.

I'm prediciting LD Bell. No disrespect to the other phenomenal bands, but I don't see how they can be beat this year.

There was a video of them up a few days ago but it got taken down before I caught wind of it :(

I am really curious to see what it is this year. Rumor has it that they have abandoned their story style shows and are returning to their old "march so fast and play so awesome your jaw drops for 10 minutes" type of show.

I haven't seen their show -- what sort of insider info do you have? Feel free to share!

There was a video of them up a few days ago but it got taken down before I caught wind of it :(

I am really curious to see what it is this year. Rumor has it that they have abandoned their story style shows and are returning to their old "march so fast and play so awesome your jaw drops for 10 minutes" type of show.

Nope. There was a very definite progression of ideas in what I've seen of their show this year. It is definitely telling a story in my mind.

Nope. There was a very definite progression of ideas in what I've seen of their show this year. It is definitely telling a story in my mind.

There is a strong story line but it is also fast and has the classic Bell sound...it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up and it will require Kleenex when it is performed in its entirety.

Carmel came down to BOA SA in 2002 and whooped up on the tx bands. The only non tx band to win a tx regional i believe.

Yeah, I was there that year. It was close. Funny, though, because a lot of my TX friends are proud of their TX bands and even though they welcome out-of-state bands with welcome arms Carmel was not exactly received as well as, say, LD Bell. (And LD Bell had a GREAT show that year--fast, fast music and marching). And what's more funny, I think IN people feel the same way about TX bands when TX bands go up to Grand Nationals. TX and IN--two very proud marching states, and rightly so.

-Alan

Yeah, I was there that year. It was close. Funny, though, because a lot of my TX friends are proud of their TX bands and even though they welcome out-of-state bands with welcome arms Carmel was not exactly received as well as, say, LD Bell. (And LD Bell had a GREAT show that year--fast, fast music and marching). And what's more funny, I think IN people feel the same way about TX bands when TX bands go up to Grand Nationals. TX and IN--two very proud marching states, and rightly so.

-Alan

Completely agree! So let's move Grand Nat'ls to a 'neutral' location, like St Louis.

-Alan

As you said both TX and IN have great bands and of course fans from each state are more likely to cheer louder for bands from their state, it only makes sense. I do really enjoy and respect so many Texas bands however as they always amaze me. It's great to see other bands outside of the IN bands I see each week in competitions locally. At the Grand Nationals that I have attended I think the TEX bands are very well represented by fans and don't notice that much difference in fan bases supporting either TX or IN bands. Both states should be proud as they are always well represented.