End of Area and 500-Internal Server Errors

I posted this on the live blog and I thought I'd share it here:

Howdy everyone,

It sure was a fun evening with a lot of great bands and some fantastic results. I know the TxBands.com staff had a blast at Area D and boy are we pumped for the next ten days - BOA San Antonio AND State! I hope you enjoyed the free, up-to-the-second live blog. TxBands.com will be the ONLY resource covering state 5A live.

Anyways, in anticipation for the next week, we are looking at solving some internet server issues. If you received a "500 - Internal Server Error" at any time this evening, we really are sorry. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for - and at $9.95 a month we don't expect a whole lot. Nonetheless, we still want to be able to serve the community. As the TxBands website grows more registered users and visitors each day, we want to make sure that everyone has uninterrupted access (which troubles us too, because then we can't live blog post!)

Chances are that we are going to have to upgrade TxBands.com from its shared server (which hosts hundreds of websites) to a server that has not so many. If you are curious about our upgrades, please check out Dreamhost's page on VPS Servers. Dreamhost has been a great webhost to us for the last four years and we'll stick with them. While this significantly increases the price of the hosting, it's worth it.

That being said, we have a lovely donation page that will tell you how to help out TxBands. If you have come to love and depend on the features on our site, please give back! As you can see, we're looking at about a $30 dollar per month increase, and while the staff will always pay the tab and keep txbands running, we sure do appreciate the support. And I promise, it won't be spent on steak dinners.

Have a good night everyone! Get some rest and start those marching rehearsals on Monday. And also, Hook 'em Horns!

Have a great week, Travis - TxBands.com Admin

I posted this on the live blog and I thought I'd share it here:

Howdy everyone,

It sure was a fun evening with a lot of great bands and some fantastic results. I know the TxBands.com staff had a blast at Area D and boy are we pumped for the next ten days - BOA San Antonio AND State! I hope you enjoyed the free, up-to-the-second live blog. TxBands.com will be the ONLY resource covering state 5A live.

Anyways, in anticipation for the next week, we are looking at solving some internet server issues. If you received a "500 - Internal Server Error" at any time this evening, we really are sorry. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for - and at $9.95 a month we don't expect a whole lot. Nonetheless, we still want to be able to serve the community. As the TxBands website grows more registered users and visitors each day, we want to make sure that everyone has uninterrupted access (which troubles us too, because then we can't live blog post!)

Chances are that we are going to have to upgrade TxBands.com from its shared server (which hosts hundreds of websites) to a server that has not so many. If you are curious about our upgrades, please check out Dreamhost's page on VPS Servers. Dreamhost has been a great webhost to us for the last four years and we'll stick with them. While this significantly increases the price of the hosting, it's worth it.

That being said, we have a lovely donation page that will tell you how to help out TxBands. If you have come to love and depend on the features on our site, please give back! As you can see, we're looking at about a $30 dollar per month increase, and while the staff will always pay the tab and keep txbands running, we sure do appreciate the support. And I promise, it won't be spent on steak dinners.

Have a good night everyone! Get some rest and start those marching rehearsals on Monday. And also, Hook 'em Horns!

Have a great week, Travis - TxBands.com Admin

Thanks for the updates!