BOA San Antonio 2008

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spring is NOT attending the regional.

but i am by myself =]

who wants to sit together?

ps: how much do finals tickets cost anyways?

Ticket Options:

� $48 Super Ticket (2-day Prelims GA Pass/Finals Premium Reserved Seat Ticket)

� $28 Saturday Finals Reserved Seat Ticket

� $23 Saturday Finals General Admission Ticket

� $17 Friday General Admission Prelims Ticket

� $19 Saturday General Admission Prelims Ticket

� $96 Saturday Finals Suite Ticket

Yup.....I was a little curious I'll admit. Some of us are nerdy like that. You want to see how curious and nerdy some people can be?....check out some of the stuff people on this site have done:

http://www.txbands.com/forums/index.php?ac...=post&id=10

Someone basically took the predictions for BOA San Antonio last year and arranged them into a spreadsheet based on how the Txbands community thought they would place...either someone really knew how to use Excel, or was really bored because that had to have taken FOREVER.

I was also trying to find one post by.....I think either Mr. Sanchez or Mr. Bui where they took a U.S. map and put a little BOA icon in every spot on the map where a BOA regional would be held for the upcoming year and posted it on the forum. Pretty nifty little map, that it was.

Oh yeah. I remember making that.

boa2008.jpg

Believe it or not, BOA is not as popular in the Western United States as it is in other parts of the country. Many programs out west haven't really bought into the BOA philosophy.

I think it would be a safe bet to assume that the entire state of Wyoming doesn't have a single marching band to its name...much less a band that would be interested in going to BOA. So I don't think it's necessarily a lack of existing interest.....I think it's just a lack of existence. Nothing out in the rural west except trailer parks and potatoes dontcha' know.

I think it would be a safe bet to assume that the entire state of Wyoming doesn't have a single marching band to its name...much less a band that would be interested in going to BOA. So I don't think it's necessarily a lack of existing interest.....I think it's just a lack of existence. Nothing out in the rural west except trailer parks and potatoes dontcha' know.

Change it to scalloped potatoes and you've got a deal!

How's BOA in California? They have some interest in marching band I assume lol.

BOA is nearly unknown in California. They have a lot of interest in marching band, but they are completely fractured with tons of various circuits and local competitions and can't agree on any possible way to have an internal state competition.

believe it or not out most famous national park is in wyomming and a lot of rich people including Cheney and Harisson Ford live in wyomming (dontcha know (thought that added a nice touch) -_- )

Your really cool Tickles.

But in reality, there is really nothing out there.

But speaking of potatoes...

Any early predictions for said competition?

Oh, pototoes, right...

I bet a Marcus win. Other than that, who knows?

I bet on an LD Bell win.

I have heard both performances and LD Bell sounds better than Marcus this year.

Also, I think it terms of show design I like LD Bell's show better.

But, I don't have a BOA judges mind, so I really don't know who will win.. lol.

BOA is nearly unknown in California. They have a lot of interest in marching band, but they are completely fractured with tons of various circuits and local competitions and can't agree on any possible way to have an internal state competition.

They are also home to some magnificent winterguards.

I bet on an LD Bell win.

I have heard both performances and LD Bell sounds better than Marcus this year.

Also, I think it terms of show design I like LD Bell's show better.

well based on the fact that we (cp) placed so close to marcus in arlington im betting ld will win it.

And i just want to clarify something, i said this whole thing about a state read, i just ment we'll get to see all the bands together and really close to state so we'll have a good idea of how their going to perform. (yeah i know uil and boa are like apples and oranges). but we can get a good read on the music caption here since its not that much diff.

well based on the fact that we (cp) placed so close to marcus in arlington im betting ld will win it.

And i just want to clarify something, i said this whole thing about a state read, i just ment we'll get to see all the bands together and really close to state so we'll have a good idea of how their going to perform. (yeah i know uil and boa are like apples and oranges). but we can get a good read on the music caption here since its not that much diff.

You do realize that Marcus' show was incomplete at Arlington right?

You do realize that Marcus' show was incomplete at Arlington right?

yeah but what they didnt get any penalties for it and since it wasnt done they wont know it as well as other bands who had their show on the feild first week of school.

BOA San Antonio Super Regionals is the only BOA event Reagan is doing htis year, why weren't they at Houston or Arlington? they're always at one or another.

yeah everyone i ask doenst seem to even know show concept. Were they at other competitions perhaps?

yeah but what they didnt get any penalties for it and since it wasnt done they wont know it as well as other bands who had their show on the feild first week of school.

This is what Marcus does every year and they never seem to have a problem with not knowing the closer.

BOA San Antonio Super Regionals is the only BOA event Reagan is doing htis year, why weren't they at Houston or Arlington? they're always at one or another.

probably because the way they do things, in september they are still figuring out what their show is going to be so they dont start learning to really late in the season and at BOA finals last year when we were waiting in the lot before we had to line up for retreat, a couple of us were talking to some reagan techs and they said that they were completely changing their show (yes music and marching) before grand nats. i also think the new high school that was built in their district (johnson city i believe) might have to do with it because i heard they have to make freshman march this year which might slow them down a little bit . but who knows. and yet even with the weird way they do things they are always such a powerhouse, i dont get it.

probably because the way they do things, in september they are still figuring out what their show is going to be so they dont start learning to really late in the season and at BOA finals last year when we were waiting in the lot before we had to line up for retreat, a couple of us were talking to some reagan techs and they said that they were completely changing their show (yes music and marching) before grand nats. i also think the new high school that was built in their district (johnson city i believe) might have to do with it because i heard they have to make freshman march this year which might slow them down a little bit . but who knows. and yet even with the weird way they do things they are always such a powerhouse, i dont get it.

I don't care where you have gotten your information from, you have misinterpreted it.

- Reagan always has fully planned out shows. They do not wait until September to get things going. As with all shows, things evolve as you start to put it on the field.

- Reagan starts learning things around the same time everybody else does.

- Reagan did not change their whole show between BOA SA and GN last year, they made some tweaks and revamped the last few seconds.

- The new school that split off of Reagan is Lady Bird Johnson, not Johnson City.

The new high school is Claudia Taylor Johnson HS aka "Lady Bird Johnson" which did split the Reagan band. Tomorrow evening the Northeast ISD is holding it's annual Fall Marching Festival of the seven high school marching bands in full uniform which includes Churchill, Johnson and Reagan. Can't wait! Hopefully the rain holds off for awhile!!!