That is very true. I usually root for Marcus but I'm going for Bell because they could make history. But if Marcus takes state I know they will have deserved it and be just as happy. :]

I've usually gone for Bell because I love the shows they do. I really hope they pull of first at both contests, this year. It would be awesome.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Bell's uniforms.

I was at that game with my friend who is a guard tech at Haltom.

The ending flag toss from the guard was OH SNAP.

They are beautiful, but I somehow think they aren't their real costumes. They always manage to tweak them come the end of the season.

They are just the game flags and uniforms. (because they have a "B" on it)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Being involved with in the activity this long for years, I've seen my fair share of marching bands and drum corps. I've come to the conclusion that the music to L.D. Bell's show absolutely owns. I honestly can't think of another adjective. That's how emotional it is for me.

Thank you L.D. Bell, Don Hill, Sarah Brightman, Karel Husa, Ilan Eshkeri, The DaVinci Code, Hans Zimmer, Stardust, A Beautiful Mind, and James Horner. worthy.gif

Being involved with in the activity this long for years, I've seen my fair share of marching bands and drum corps. I've come to the conclusion that the music to L.D. Bell's show absolutely owns. I honestly can't think of another adjective. That's how emotional it is for me.

Thank you L.D. Bell, Don Hill, Sarah Brightman, Karel Husa, Ilan Eshkeri, The DaVinci Code, Hans Zimmer, Stardust, A Beautiful Mind, and James Horner. worthy.gif

100% agreed! I just want to hear a live recording now!

It really is an amazing marching score. It's almost more thrilling than a blockbuster soundtrack.

I expect Bell to do extremely well at State.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely love L.D. Bell's show this year. I saw them at Houston and was floored once again. I can't wait to see them in San Antonio. I haven't seen it posted anywhere on the forums, so I was just wondering....

Could someone explain the concept and theme to me? What's "The Quest" about? What's behind the seahorse looking prop?

Thanks in advance.

LD Bell never actually talks about the story and/or meaning of their shows, they let them speak for themselves and have the audience leave with their own impressions. So, there is never any official word on the meaning, it is just whatever anybody makes up.

That being said, here are some of my (personal) current ideas from the show:

I kind of get a feeling that at least a part of the idea behind the show is that it is a reflection on their journey through all of their previous recent shows (2000+). There are a lot of drill moves and musical moments from previous years that have come back to make some cameo appearances including the home-facing follow the leader while playing, conveyor belt drill, A Beautiful Mind, and the company forward with woodwinds snaking through it.

The seahorse prop looks like a q (for quest) with a spikey mane. The guard can often be seen dragging it on their backs like a cross that is their burden to carry. When held up, band members reach for it like a symbol of hope and reverence.

Musically, they start their quest in a paradise, move to some Jovial playing, lead into some strife, and then climaxing with the horrors of Prague before coming back down for their current tag ending. They still have another part to put onto the field, so I'm waiting to see where they go from there.

how old is this?

thats really good. of course their lead trupets and horns could use a little more time with a tune but other wise pretty solid.

Any one know who their drill write is, i like the style.

As it says on the link and on the website, it is from the HEB Marching Contest this past Saturday.