I clocked YOUR* show tonight, its 10 minutes and 20 seconds, but tonight was way faster so its probably closer to 10:45 - but thats with 30 secs of intro nothingness...

so.... 10:15 ish?

at an average of ... Id say 174 is the avg tempo

dude... I can multiply!

174 x 10.25 = 1,783.5 BEATS - poor drumajors! (that half beat would be the intro skipping on Friday :lol::angry: )

Good thing YOU* dont have guy drum majors... they'd have some SICK biceps

*I use the word YOUR in order to remain officially anonymous :ph34r:

It was Piano Concerto(for strings), Sketches on a Tudor Psalm, and Ostinato which is the best of all three movements in Phantom's 2003 show.

This is the show Martin is playing this year. And it looks pretty tough.

Yes it is tough. Some corrections for ya. The Phantom show had 4 movements (Canon in D, Wild Nights, The Lord's Prayer,and Ostinato) and we did play Ostinato we didn't play Piano Concerto(for strings) or Sketches on a Tudor Psalm. And while Ostinato was awesome and is the best, The Lord's Prayer is amazing too.

• 2 weeks later...
This year for sure. My first year was the lamest show EVER.... you have no idea (unless you're in my band ["HELP! I'm stuck in a bad show!"])... last year's show was pretty hard i guess, atleast in comparison to the one before it but...wow. we have a lot of work to do to get used to this show and get on the level it was written for.

Haha... haha... yeah, I saw that at the LHS-CPHS game as an eighth grader, (Eight Grade Night), where I was happily getting to play toms. I thought Leander was the best thing I'd ever seen, and thought Cedar Park was just... well... stupid. But now... I sometimes considered attempting to transfer into Cedar Park, particularly on band competition days when we were performing like crap, in my opinion. Thankfully, the drumline redeemed itself from the previous year's crappiness, and managed to actually beat all the drumlines in our divisions in the band contests we went to (not Lone Star Classic... we got 6th and best front ensemble in their Division II category there), namely being Capital City Marching Contest and Westlake Marching Competition (We also were the first band to play in our divisions at both of those contests). From a crappy drumline to what we have now, and all in one season... good times.

• 1 month later...

The Woodlands - "Competition" (2005)

Has to be the hardest i've marched. The closer was pretty much.. like.. a continuous slide across the field. Went from like.. the 20 on side one to the 20 on side 2.. and then all the way back. roughly.

and the ballad was all in double time.. except for one set before the big hit, and then the last set was in single time. hardest ballad i've ever marched.. And it was also double time sliding across the field from like.. the 15 yard line side 2 to like.. the 20 on side 1. horrible.

You guys may think I'm lame, but I think "Minimally Speaking" was a difficult show for our band, mainly because of the sets..we had a lot of meshes that were difficult and one clarinet slide that was just...horrible...for us in the front. As for the lamest, I'd have to say this year, just because the sets were way easy and so was the music. If we would have played "Ruslan and Ludmilla" (the 3rd movement..embarassingly, we only played 2), it would have been better...but only a select few could handle the ridiculously long 16th note runs

The Woodlands - "Competition" (2005)

Has to be the hardest i've marched. The closer was pretty much.. like.. a continuous slide across the field. Went from like.. the 20 on side one to the 20 on side 2.. and then all the way back. roughly.

and the ballad was all in double time.. except for one set before the big hit, and then the last set was in single time. hardest ballad i've ever marched.. And it was also double time sliding across the field from like.. the 15 yard line side 2 to like.. the 20 on side 1. horrible.

i feel so bad for everyone from the woodlands, because you mainly watched the guard instead of the band. the marching looked really hard, and the forms looked good, but because of the guard it just didn't grab your attention... :(

i feel so bad for everyone from the woodlands, because you mainly watched the guard instead of the band. the marching looked really hard, and the forms looked good, but because of the guard it just didn't grab your attention...  :(

I remember watching the band instead of the guard.

Anyways-

My hardest show (as of this day) to march was From Many Comes One. It had 111 sets of very difficult drill, and because MG lazily wrote it, the difficulty rose to a greater level. But it was also a very fun show to boot because of the music. The hardest show musically I've played (as of this day) was my freshmen year show Artwork of the Mind. I was on the second euph part and we went the frickin' high B natural. I think first part went to the F above that!!! But the impact statements were really loud and good. I encourage all to listen to it from the media section of this website.