Band Directory

Clarinot

Hi Everyone,

The TxBands.com staff has made the decision to begin a phase-out of the band directory. This decision was based on the fact that usage of the directory has significantly declined since we launched it. (Some time ago- it was one of our first features after the forums)

From what we can tell, this is due to much of the information being outdated, which in turn is from the way the directory is designed: edits require staff approval, and the all schools must be entered in the same format (with a specified set of information).

Current Status

The band directory is now in a read-only mode. All the information is still accessible from the "directory" link at the top of this page, but you can no longer make changes.

Future

This is dependent on you! The options we have discussed are either: doing away with the directory entirely OR moving the information into a band wiki (similar to how wikipedia is set up). To move everything over into a wiki, we would need you all to help us out by copying and pasting information from the directory to the wiki.

Please vote in the poll. Also, if you have any feedback, please reply to this thread or PM me.

I think everyone has tried to edit information about their band. It's just that the stuff was never updated. I remember I tried editing some of that stuff a while back and coming back in a couple of weeks to find the same old information on there.

So don't take it away, maybe the Wiki might be a better alternative and it may work this time.

I think a wiki might work, but the current directory just doesnt do anything. There's so many bands that aren't on there, and honestly if you want to look up a band there is google, or even the people on this website. Currently, the only bands that are on there are the bands of people who already use TXBands or the notorious BOA or State winners who should have their own website anyways.