A band's crowd reflecting the band

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reiterate the point, I have never seen a large group of parents refuse to applaud or be overly rude. Now when it comes to the "perfect" seats, everyone acts childishly. You see this same behavior when they release game consoles or have giant sales at stores. It's a crusade to fix society. 99% of the people are good about it, but that 1% makes everyone look bad.

My parents were in the stands sitting next to [insert bands name here] fans and students. And right before they announced the finalist bands, one of the students turned to my father and saw that he was with Dickinson, becuase of the shirt he was wearing, and told him that we were not going to make finals because we sucked. The student wasnt kidding at all. She wasnt smiling about it, she was being rude. Sadly for her, they announced our bands right next to each other. They jumped when they heard there name announced, and the girl turned and gave my father an ugly look when they announced ours. I was shocked to here this. Good thing I know that their band is full of students who are not like her, thanks to this board. just another story.

did you guys beat that band? that'd be a real feel-good quiet victory, even if you don't be rude and rub it in.

haha, evil but true.

I was actually kinda freaked out during our performance. I saw the sea of green on the 50 and I knew it was the Poteet fan club because they performed two bands after us.

What kinda bothered me was that while the rest of the crowd sat still, I continued to see the Poteet parents pointing out slight mistakes in our drill. <_<

so poteet's parents and fan club tend to be jerks.

There's nothing you can do about it. When you start complaining and insulting them back, you're just as bad. You just have to keep telling yourself that you are so much better than that. And laugh (: b/c c'mon... that's kind of rediculously funny.. Stealing people's 50ydln seats? Jesus... (:

haha, evil but true.

I was actually kinda freaked out during our performance. I saw the sea of green on the 50 and I knew it was the Poteet fan club because they performed two bands after us.

What kinda bothered me was that while the rest of the crowd sat still, I continued to see the Poteet parents pointing out slight mistakes in our drill. <_<

I hate when people do that.

At SHSU, during our finals performance, Duncanville kids were pointing and laughing at us during the whole duration of our show (Their drum majors also said some really rude things to our piccolo soloist after our performance, because she cracked the first pitch of her solo)

The worst thing about it is our director and one of their main directors are really good friends, and both our schools are taught in a very similar manner, especially when it comes to music. So my school has personally always really liked Duncanville.

Basically, its really sad when the audience isnt respectful of all performances, and even though the disrespectful things someone does arnt representative of the whole band program, it still causes you to lose some respect for them either way.

once again back to the excessive celebration, I remember my sophomore year (two years ago, 05) at the Area C contest when they announced Wylie was going on, the band rushed the field like at a big college football upset, maybe it hacked me off because I was bitter for not moving on, maybe it was over the top. Opinions?

once again back to the excessive celebration, I remember my sophomore year (two years ago, 05) at the Area C contest when they announced Wylie was going on, the band rushed the field like at a big college football upset, maybe it hacked me off because I was bitter for not moving on, maybe it was over the top. Opinions?

I was there, and I don't remember that....

It's not just there parents, it's their fans too. We played them at Mesquite 2 years ago my freshmen year and we were watching them perform and their fans were saying some of the most offensive things most of it I can not even post here...They threw Skittles at us and I remember one person very vividly saying "Go Band! I am not talking about ya'll(Looking at us) and I am talking about the band over there..." for some reason that just annoyed me to no end...And then some of their parents (I guess our whoever blows up the tunnel for their football games) who were blowing up the tunnel as we walked by were saying "State Champs" over and over and over again...

yeah kinda like one of our cross town rivals...

I know this may be rude, but if I were parents I would have immediately told authorities. If a person doesn't have the time to get their on time and get good seats, get over it. A person did not buy restricted seats... And its a person's right to get to sit wherever they want.

I first come, first serve. That's ridiculous about the newspaper and jackets.

As for cheering and others, I'm indifferent. If a group of people choose not to cheer for a band, oh well, it does not reflect the band at all as said before.

I just thought I would give a voice of my opinion

I know this may be rude, but if I were parents I would have immediately told authorities. If a person doesn't have the time to get their on time and get good seats, get over it. A person did not buy restricted seats... And its a person's right to get to sit wherever they want.

I first come, first serve. That's ridiculous about the newspaper and jackets.

As for cheering and others, I'm indifferent. If a group of people choose not to cheer for a band, oh well, it does not reflect the band at all as said before.

I just thought I would give a voice of my opinion

+1

i congratulated poteet's drum majors after medal announcement but didn't even get a glance.

but honestly, if that's the way that they prefer to be, then leave them be.

it's definitely not good sportsmanship, but it's not necessary for us to be bashing them for it.

all of us know of their poor behavior and that's how their reputation will remain until they fix it (or until someone beats them).

just my .02.