Area B Discussion

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah...

Alot of the underclassmen in Sherman are a little too excited.

Although we deserve to be excited, I think its in bad taste to come into a public forum and show it.

I'll make sure our directors address this next week.

...and I am getting tired of apologizing for Sherman. Please don't judge us by a few immature underclassmen, but by our marching

(:

I hate when people in great bands talk about their show sucking...

Anyways congrats to Centennial...a young band making state is always a cool deal. I'm hoping that Heath will be the Centennial of 2009.... :D The funny thing is when we didn't make state a lot of the younger kids were more upset than the older ones...which seems backwards because the younger ones get another chance in a couple years...but whatever

I hate it when people take offense over every little thing.

Our show sucked compared to our expectations.

I am sure you have had one of those performances when your band just under preforms horribly...

Well that happens to even the good bands

haha wow...overeaction I wasn't like ticked or anything. I'm just saying a show that makes 1st usually doesn't suck, I get what you're saying but I think you were basically reserved a spot from the beginning....

ohh no I didn't know good bands underperformed too...I thought it was just the bad ones like the one I'm obviously in...

haha wow...overeaction I wasn't like ticked or anything. I'm just saying a show that makes 1st usually doesn't suck, I get what you're saying but I think you were basically reserved a spot from the beginning....

ohh no I didn't know good bands underperformed too...I thought it was just the bad ones like the one I'm obviously in...

RR SA to GN.pdf

I hate when people in great bands talk about their show sucking...

Anyways congrats to Centennial...a young band making state is always a cool deal. I'm hoping that Heath will be the Centennial of 2009.... :D The funny thing is when we didn't make state a lot of the younger kids were more upset than the older ones...which seems backwards because the younger ones get another chance in a couple years...but whatever

Ha... I was thinking the same thing to myself. I just hope the younger kids in our program don't let this get to their head. While the juniors and seniors have seen the agony of getting close to making state but then not doing it (like our first state year), the underclassmen haven't yet. I hope they realize they have to keep workin' for it once we're gone. I want the program to keep getting stronger after I'm gone, not weaker like a lot of upperclassmen are predicting. Our band program has accomplished so much since it's been open and especially in the past year (2nd at honor band and now state), and I'm so grateful to be a part of it. It's a pretty amazing experience.

P.S. You guys can keep agreeing with ddm's comment and whatnot, but it's not going to make me reply to it. I'm not going to change my mind on what I said, but it's cool. No worries, though, gracely. It's all good.

sheesh! everyone relax!

one person doesn't represent an entire band. however, yall are representatives from your respective schools. take that into consideration. ;)

Ohh I'm not judging an entire band by one person...If someone just had our freshmen to judge our band on, I would be pretty embarassed. I just don't like the whole "Good bands have those too" comment....but whatever I'll get over it...

Anyways I'm gonna leave now by saying congrats to all that made state, and Sherman I have nothing but respect for you so don't take my comment as me "freaking out."

Yeah yeah...

Alot of the underclassmen in Sherman are a little too excited.

Although we deserve to be excited, I think its in bad taste to come into a public forum and show it.

I'll make sure our directors address this next week.

...and I am getting tired of apologizing for Sherman. Please don't judge us by a few immature underclassmen, but by our marching

(:

xD

ummm... yeah...

I'm really sorry about the post of the area b results being wrong.

I made the assumption that my parents had written down the results correctly. Turns out that they wrote them down later and guessed a little.

I'd also like to apologize for the poster from Sherman who was so blatant in their bragging. Just remember that all bands have members that aren't always thoughtful enough.

I'd like to apologize on behalf of the Sherman band for some of what's been going on in the forum. Lots of the underclassmen [and sadly enough some upperclassmen] have been taking some of our achievements and blowing them up in not only ours but other peoples faces. It's getting old for everyone and I hope everyone from our band realizes that. I'll make sure it's addressed - it's getting out of hand, but thanks guys for being patient haha.

Good job to all the bands at Area yesterday, it was a blast seeing so many good bands perform. Shout outs to Centennial and Joshua for some really cool show concepts.

GAH! I HATE PACHABEL'S CANON!!!

sorry... we had to play it last year in Orchestra and I got stuck with the stupid viola part... which, by the way, does NOT have ANY interesting lines. we played 5 notes the whole time. I almost jumped off the stage at that concert.

But I love what Joshua did with it. I actually loved it, ALL of it.

Ha... I was thinking the same thing to myself. I just hope the younger kids in our program don't let this get to their head. While the juniors and seniors have seen the agony of getting close to making state but then not doing it (like our first state year), the underclassmen haven't yet. I hope they realize they have to keep workin' for it once we're gone. I want the program to keep getting stronger after I'm gone, not weaker like a lot of upperclassmen are predicting. Our band program has accomplished so much since it's been open and especially in the past year (2nd at honor band and now state), and I'm so grateful to be a part of it. It's a pretty amazing experience.

P.S. You guys can keep agreeing with ddm's comment and whatnot, but it's not going to make me reply to it. I'm not going to change my mind on what I said, but it's cool. No worries, though, gracely. It's all good.

I don't see that as a problem for us b/c we have a total of 19 juniors and seniors including myself and they realize they still have the goal of making state, so I'm sure they will work their **** off. BTW we have 110 people overall