well, this happened at the same game as mentioned above, which happened to be against our cross town rivals(whom i really like, lol), but someone from their band said "and if asked to choose between jessica biel and jessica alba, he would choose jessica biel." then everyone cheered. it was pretty funny. if it had been on our side of the field, i think our director woulda gotten mad.

DIALOG:

-HEY BAND!

-HEY WHAT?

-SHOW US HOW TO GET DOWN!

-NO WAY!

-SHOW US HOW TO GET DOWN!

-OK!

then there is a cadence. (sp?) thus, we show them how to get down.

In our band we say "Let me see ya get down" and it usually isnt to the whole band, just one person.

As for the other hey band thing we do stuff like asking the position which they are holding in their band, what class, and some random question. Sort of like fav. color or cereal or something.

This would be how a typical conversation would go:

Hey Band!

- Hey what?

This is (insert name here)!

- Hi ____

They're a (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior)

- cheers from that class

They play (insert instrument)

- various cheers from that section

The last question varies, but we've had favorite cereal, pokemon, dinosaur, candy, and other random things that I can't remember.

Although, we do get some humorous responses.

For example, whenever the person says they play flute, the trumpet section responds by shouting "I'M SORRY!"

:lol:

Hey Band!

- Hey what?

- Hi ____

- cheers from that class

The last question varies, but we've had favorite cereal, pokemon, dinosaur, candy, and other random things that I can't remember.

Although, we do get some humorous responses.

For example, whenever the person says they play flute, the trumpet section responds by shouting "I'M SORRY!"

:lol:

That sounds like our band, but we also do section leader, librarian, dm, rep, etc...

My favorite question is "If you were a household appliance, which one would you be?"

Once I was asked...

"What kind of Asian?"

and I responded...

"The kind that makes good food!"

I was totally there. That was awesome. We got candy afterwards too. Usually, we take like no brass players... this time we took me, David (trombone) and Nitzschke (tuba) so it was pretty sweet.

I didn't even get asked anything because the chick that introduced me used to work with me so she knew enough about me to say w/e she wanted. Haha.

Did... did we even ask them anything? I don't think we did. Oopsie.

But yeah our typical thing is like that too...

Hey band!

Hey what?

This is ______.

cheer

He/she plays the ______.

cheer

He/she's the __________ section leader/drum major (if applicable which it usually is).

cheer

I've gotten to go twice, and I hope I get a third time next year.

EDIT: Didn't.... didn't we introduce David as Zeus?

Hey Band!

- Hey what?

- Hi ____

- cheers from that class

We do the same thing. Some of the random questions get pretty funny. I think we've only done it like four times this year. Most bands take 3rd quarter off, and thats the only time we are allowed to do it.

Yes, they did introduce me as Zeus. But that was entirely them, not me. They gave me that nickname when we played them in band football. Thats just how they know me. lol

Right! I forgot about the band football game!

Isn't Zeus also the trombone god? Does that have any connection? I mean, you're good and all David but geesshhhh. Way to be cocky. lol. Kidding.