2007 BOA Arlington Review

Xenon

I've finished writing my 2007 BOA Arlington Review which can be found at:

http://content.txbands.com

OK, now that the Cowboy's penalized themselves out of the Patriots game, I guess I can start writing this review. :-O There were lots of good shows here including a clash of some of the most anticipated shows in the state.

Unlike BOA Houston where most of the shows were straight forward and powerful/moving, the name of the game here was innovative and/or creative show design.

Oh, and this is the first time since BOA Arlington started in 2001 that any band other than LD Bell or Ronald Reagan has won this regional.

• 11 months later...
I've finished writing my 2007 BOA Arlington Review which can be found at:

http://content.txbands.com

There were lots of good shows here including a clash of some of the most anticipated shows in the state.

Unlike BOA Houston where most of the shows were straight forward and powerful/moving, the name of the game here was innovative and/or creative show design.

Oh, and this is the first time since BOA Arlington started in 2001 that any band other than LD Bell or Ronald Reagan has won this regional.

Have you SEEN Marcus's show? There was No doubt that they deserved First. And Cedar Park.... I'm telling you... they've gotten a whole new imput in this year's show.

If L.D. Bell had competed, Marcus may not have emerged the victor. The Force is with Cedar Park this season, though even with that tailwind it wasn't enough to top Marcus, but regardless of all of that Marcus isn't in quite the top form they were in last year and they are beatable by a band that can really deliver.

Have you SEEN Marcus's show? There was No doubt that they deserved First. And Cedar Park.... I'm telling you... they've gotten a whole new imput in this year's show.

First off, this specific thread is about BOA Arlington 2007, not 2008.

The thread you are looking for is here: http://www.txbands.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3103

Second, yes I have obviously seen it considering I wrote a really long review of it. I never said they didn't deserve to win, I said that they looked like they could possibly be beat. Note that I wrote that long before prelims was over. And Cedar Park making up over 4 points on Marcus in Finals definitely proved that with just the right circumstances, Marcus was beatable; the right band/circumstances just didn't happen.

And you should know that I really like Marcus' show and did think it should have won, I just don't feel like it is living up to the standards set by the past two seasons. Last year Marcus was unbeatable. Period. This year they are still great, but the door is open.