DCI's Underrated

TX Suh-nare

I'm just interested in seeing y'all's ideas. A lot of people say Academy was, others Boston Crusaders, even Bluecoats.

NOTE: This is an UNDERRATED post only. No OVERrated please!

I actually wouldve said the opposite on Academy. People hyped them all year long and I honestly just dont think they sounded very good.

Phantom deserved top three.

After reviewing that show over and over again in comparrison to the three corps that did make top three, PR deserved top 3.

I also think the Bluecoats were shafted. Now, the drill design lacked in parts, but I think the Guard was way overlooked all season. I think they had one of the strongest percussion ensembles this year as well. And the brass line was kick ****. One of these reasons I think was the overhyping of Crown. I admit, they came out of nowhere, but the only part of their show I cared for was the music. And we all know just music doesn't win a show. Bluecoats deserved at least top 5.

That's it, really.

I heard people say the Crossmen, Madison Scouts, and Boston Crusaders were.

I don't really agree. Watch their championships performances again and then decide.

Lmao. Dan Potter was interviewing the band director at the high school I tech at earlier this season.

I managed to shake his hand and asked him what he thought about the bluecoat's placing this year.

He goes.. "They were robbed of a good placing."

I found that quite humorous. :lol:

NoNo. Not at all.

I was just saying that they deserved what they got.

many could argue the same about PR this season. I am a huge fan of PR. And as much as I hated The Cadets' show this season, I feel that overall it was a better package than Phantom's. The way I see it, Cavies, PR, and Cadets were all excellent in certain aspects (Cavies=visual, PR=brass/music, Cadets= idk) so it all came down to whoever could make up for their faults better than the other corps.

Yeah, Blue Stars had an aswesome hornline this year. i got to hear them warm up when they were outside the member sleeping area at Canton, and i was SERIOUSLY impressed.

cant wait to see how they do next summer.

I remember seeing you guys come out to hear us! We loved playing for other corps = )

I'd also like to say that the Troopers were way underrated this year. They had a really strong showing for there first year back

Schuykill Haven, Pennsylvania? Right after Allentown? Hick town with a stadium about 20 feet below the rest of the school?

haha, Troopers LOVE that town. They feed us and everything if we give 'em a free show.

I loved the shows that were in the middle of nowhere, with the exception of Oklahoma. I've never been so afraid of clouds in my life. The sky was pretty much pitch black. So much lightning too

• 3 weeks later...
I loved the shows that were in the middle of nowhere, with the exception of Oklahoma. I've never been so afraid of clouds in my life. The sky was pretty much pitch black. So much lightning too
oh man, I remember watching you guys about to go play. and ... BOOOOOM! so we retreated to the bus... lol. a lot of rain this season. Sorry, I ahve no answer for the thread. Ill just keep my mouth shut on subjects such as this in respect for mine and the other corps. but... not so sure about the p. Edited by SCV_Contra

• 3 months later...

I think that there were a lot of corps that stepped it up in '07 compared to '06.

As far as being shafted, I know how amazing the Bloo hornline is, heck, we did win brass at every show we attended for about a month, if not a little longer, up until semis. When we dropped to 4th, it was kind of a shock, I'm not gonna lie.

But i wont say more on that, there's nothing I can do about it anyways, except work harder and put even more heart into every future performance. ^_^

I think that there were a lot of corps that stepped it up in '07 compared to '06.

As far as being shafted, I know how amazing the Bloo hornline is, heck, we did win brass at every show we attended for about a month, if not a little longer, up until semis. When we dropped to 4th, it was kind of a shock, I'm not gonna lie.

But i wont say more on that, there's nothing I can do about it anyways, except work harder and put even more heart into every future performance. ^_^

Oh no reason to feel like you are griping here. I think you guys had the best sounding hornline in finals. I have no clue how BD won brass over you guys

• 2 months later...