so I take it that Churchill's show is as amazing as I heard from my friends?

According to one of them, "The preview DVD booth was louder than the entire stadium" and that the Amazing Grace was just breathtaking.

Can someone describe this show more fully to me? I heard that the color guard was simulating the bloodshed of warfare.

also discuss anything else about this show / band.

Graham Harris - Former Churchill Trombone player. Killed In Action in Afghanistan this past Spring.

I knew this gentleman. I marched in the band along with him. He was an amazing person to work with. And that is who the show is dedicated to.

I was able to see them at the NEISD Fall Marching Festival. The first part simulates going off to war. The second part simulates the actual battle. There is one part where a few members of the guard drop to the ground motionless after some flag work, which might be the bloodshed you were talking about.

The third part is the part most people have been talking about; The ballad. A line from Amazing Grace is played by a solo flute. The band forms arcs on the left side of the field and plays Amazing Grace while props are turned over on the right side which have images that remind you of a fallen soldier. After Amazing Grace, you hear the letter to home. "If you are reading this, it can only mean one thing." While that is going on, Taps is played by a solo trumpet. After Taps, a Moment of Silence is observed. During the Moment of Silence, the guards picks up white silk flags and proceed to do work. What is amazing about this part is that the Drum Majors are saluting the right side of the field, which means that the guard is doing their work with only their internal clock keeping the time.

They have another two and a half minutes to add to the show. Everything is coming together well. Music is starting to gel and their marching is fast paced and relatively clean.

I predict that you will see one of the most emotional performances ever at the Super Regional.

It is all for Graham. We miss you buddy.