• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel great. I slept until 10 this morning. Oh wait... I wasn't at camp... I graduated...

Anyway, I'd usually have a little bit of a sore upper body during the first week of camp, then it would go away. I stretched well, I just hadn't used those muscles in that way in a while.

To drum majors getting hoarse - don't "yell." Instead think about projecting your voice. You'll be a lot louder and have more vocal stamina if you shout from your gut instead of your voice box. It's an air thing, kind of like belting when singing. You might already be doing all that, but if not - I'd give a shot. Hoarse drum majors are bad news.

i love watching clarinets start to get tired because their thumb hurts from holding up the clarinet, please, go switch places with any bellfront instrument, you will know what pain is

I used to have saxes that would get tired standing at an attention...pretty funny...weak fishies.

:blink:

sssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttccccccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

it helps more than you'd ever imagine. And really stretch too. Not like I did my first year..where i just went through the motions, and didnt really do it....

i got my very first sunburn at band camp............. no seriously i'm a pacific islander thats like hawaii and the philippines and stuff and i never got burned before no matter how long i just lay there with my bare skin in teh sun but that year........ ugh it was bad and when it peeled it was like tons of dandruff coming off my back ewwwww :P