HEB Marching Contest

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RESULTS???????????

Ask and ye shall receive. (I will also be writing a review that I hope to have up some time Sunday evening.)

Prelims:

3A:

Sweep of all Captions and Best in Class: Princeton

4A:

Outstanding Colorguard: Juan Seguin

Outstanding Percussion: Birdville

Outstanding General Effect: Birdville

Outstanding Visual: Birdville

Outstanding Music: Birdville

Best in Class: Birdville

5A:

Sweep of all Captions and Best in Class: Haltom

Prelims Rankings: (Without Princeton)

8. Red Oak

7. Paschal

6. Juan Seguin

5. South Grand Prairie

4. North Crowley

3. Grapevine

2. Birdville

1. Haltom

Finals:

Sweep of all Captions and Best in Class: Haltom

3rd: Grapevine 77.10

2nd: Birdville 78.20

1st: Haltom 88.50

wow, I was expecting Birdville to place 3rd after finals performance. I thought Grapevine really did an excellent job and was kinda shocked at Birdville. Although, their guy in the guard did some INSANE flips!

oh! and I loved :wub: Bell. I really wish that they had Mvmt. 5 learned, but to see them execute a SPIRIT Show as well as they did just astounded me. Not only was it entertaining, but it was performed just as well as their actual marching show. :lol: it made me happy inside.

I agree, it is very well known and respected music and every judge is going to have their own opinion as to how it should be played.

were you wearing your Txbands shirt?

I think I said something to you about how I was just there to watch right after Birdville performed... Because I was walking across to the other side where some other CHS kids were and somebody was like "hey centennial!" ...

And about the Grainger, that's only part of the reason I feel it's risky. Interpretation is a killer, but then his music is also very complex chordally (if that's even a word...). To nail the tuning required for a show like that for 8 minutes is really hard.

I think I said something to you about how I was just there to watch right after Birdville performed... Because I was walking across to the other side where some other CHS kids were and somebody was like "hey centennial!" ...

That was you!?!

I didn't want to just come out and say "Hey, are you Borchnork?" because if you weren't I would sound like a mad man. And yes, that was the Dome Sweet Dome TxBands shirt.

haha, yup. It was me.

I saw you with the shirt earlier that day too, as you were walking up the stairs from the concession stand or something. I recognized the Dome Sweet Dome, but I couldn't place where I saw it from, and I didn't want to say "hey, do I know you from somewhere?" because I think my dad woulda been a little freaked out. hahaha.