It varies by year. Really....all three of the major Texas BOA Regionals are competitive. The level of talent and competition between the bands are incredibly high.

Forgive me if I leave a few bands out, but as far as major contenders go.....

In San Antonio this year, you have all of the major contenders in attendance, minus Stephen F. Austin.

In Houston, you have Brazoswood, Clear Brook, Cypress Falls, Harlingen, James Bowie, Langham Creek, Ronald Reagan, Spring, Stephen F. Austin, The Woodlands, Westfield & Winston Churchill.

In Arlington, you have Berkner, Clear Brook, Coppell, Haltom, Hebron, L.D. Bell, Marcus, Richland & Westfield.

It's going to be a great season.

you know what amazed me, how a district sent two of their bands to gnats the same year.

anywho

so i was thinking is BOA SA practically a state marching contest?

Good point. Food for thought:

9 out of the 10 5A State Finalists from 2006 will be at the 2007 Super Regional.

i dont get it how do they judge individual stuff?

They walk around on the field and watch indviduals march and watch inviduals play and make comments then they go back and listen to there tapes and thats how they base indvidual scores according to our directors... and the week before that contest our directors walk around and talk in to tape record during rehearsal like run threws and stuff and we listen to them and figure out what we need to do better!

Sorry I completely forgot those two band but they are capable too.... I loved there shows last year!

I apologize on behalf of voforlive for the tactlessness he/she has shown since signing up for the boards.

Voforlive's comments do not reflect the attitudes and views of the Akins band. Certainly not the way we have encouraged our members to look at other bands.

Hey voforlive, don't talk about it. BE about it.

Show some class.

The rest of the Akins band wishes all bands a great year!

I'm really looking foward to BOA. Let's have a great year for band!

but remember boa is that people that know u in st.louis people in boa knows who L.D bell is but they dont know who akins is and akins is a good marching band

I am confused by this statement...

are you trying to impose that L.D. is popular because of BOA, or are you simply trying to say that your band has the talent to be equally known???

QUOTE (marcomac29 @ Aug 25 2007, 11:17 PM)
So which bands made finals at arlington last year?

I'm just wondering, because that's the only one our school is going to this year.

2006 BOA Arlington Finals

Coppell HS

Haltom HS

Hebron HS

James Bowie (Austin) HS

L.D. Bell HS

Mansfield HS

Marcus HS

Richland HS

Stephen F. Austin (Sugar Land) HS

The Woodlands HS

Three of the Finalist bands from 2006 will not be in attendance in Arlington this year--James Bowie, Stephen F. Austin & The Woodlands.